Kiewit Burnaby Canada
3 months ago
Requisition ID: 167090
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Western Canada District
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Executive Assistant (EA) you will work with our District Manager to organize, prepare, and be well-equipped for their changing schedule and responsibilities. A successful EA will focus on making time, information, and decision processes more effective. Working closely with the DM, you will solve problems, craft communications, and manage relationships. You will have visibility to executive-level issues, priorities, and communication, requiring integrity and judgment as to when you share information.
You must combine the ability to anticipate needs, prioritize, and work independently with strong attention to detail and a can-do positive attitude. Strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to multi-task seamlessly, and strong decision-making ability are critical for this... position. You will have daily interaction with employees at all levels both inside and outside the Company and require a high degree of professionalism and business presence.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
This position is based out of Kiewit's Burnaby District Office. This position requires a full-time office presence.
• Manage the District Manager’s calendar, including coordinating availability for meetings, preventing scheduling conflicts, prioritizing the most sensitive matters, and ensuring that follow up is conducted in a timely manner.
• Coordinate travel for the DM, including organizing and managing the logistical details for off-site events and activities for the business. Also assist in planning and organizing events both on and off-site for District staff and external stakeholders.
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the DM, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the DM including composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling/creating documents for meetings.
• Plan, coordinate and ensure the DM's schedule is followed and respected, while acting as a "gatekeeper" to create win-win situations for direct access to the DM's time.
• Help execute the company's highest priorities on a given day or week while working on longer-term special projects and strategic initiatives.
• Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the DM’s behalf.
• Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary.
• Support the DM with cross-department working groups, keeping agendas, and helping members to be accountable for key deliverables.
• Keep the office running smoothly and provide support on behalf of the DM to various departments while the DM is traveling.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. Take ownership for filling in gaps as seen, proactively solving problems.
• Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting an executive, preferably within the construction industry.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and comfortable presenting.
• A whole lot of creativity and a healthy dose of patience.
• A flexible schedule that will permit you to respond to changing demands and time schedules.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, ability to recognize discrepancies, and active listening skills.
• The ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
• The ability to multitask with a team player mentality.
• Deadline-driven with a sense of urgency.
• Able to take direction and provide timely feedback on the progress of tasks.
• Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate
Executive Assistant - Western Canada District Burnaby jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.