Sensity Deafblind and Sensory Support Network of Canada
Sensity Deafblind and Sensory Support Network of Canada Ontario Canada
2 months ago
Do you love helping others? Are you looking for a career with purpose?
With a career at Sensity, you will exercise creativity and experience personal growth and fulfillment through meaningful human connections.
Sensity is a registered charity providing services and programs to members of the deafblind community. We are recognized in Canada and around the world as a leader in the provision of Intervenor Services.
Sensity is seeking an Executive Assistant for an immediate opening for full time permanent role located in Paris, ON. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant will be directly responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO and the Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant performs complex administrative functions to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the organization.
If you share our vision that all people who are Deafblind will live rich, meaningful lives and you have the education and experience... indicated below, then we would love to receive your application!
• Manages all aspects of the CEO's schedule / calendar, including, but not limited to calendar management, correspondence, coordination of meetings (agendas, documents and presentations), and recording minutes and action items for update, resolution and/or closure.
• Facilitates all processes associated with coordinating and scheduling Sensity, Deafblind International and DBNO Board and committee meetings, inclusive of taking minutes and supporting follow up of action items and ensuring the scheduling and room bookings.
• Provides support for the Deafblind International Secretariat including administrative tasks, directing questions to appropriate persons, liaison with the DBI treasurer, and ManCom committee.
• Responsible for operation of Access Intervenor Services (AIS), inclusive of confirming eligibility, human support for systems, sending notifications and acting as the main contact.
• Supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
• Exercise tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
• Performs other duties, as required.
• College diploma in Office Administration, business administration or equivalent. Event management certification is an asset.
• Valid driver's license is required.
• Five (5) years of experience working within an administrative role with senior level employees.
• Working knowledge of meeting management, conference management, office operations / procedures and best practices.
• Good oral and written communication skills (in both English and French), with a strong client service orientation. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. ASL skills would be an asset.
• Good presentation skills
• Solid time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
• In-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Smart Board, audio systems (including projector, microphone, sound system and multiple-line phone systems) is an asset.
• Sensity offers a competitive wage and benefit plan including a Health Spending Account
• Paid sick days
• An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
• Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops in the community and abroad
If you are interested in the Executive Assistant role with us apply with your resume and cover letter.
Please quote job EAFT022002 in your cover letter when applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements
Executive Assistant Ontario jobs
Jobs by Sensity Deafblind and Sensory Support Network of Canada
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.