PAM Health Jupiter FL United States
2 months ago
Speech Language Pathologist
• New Hospital opening April 2023!
The Speech Language Pathologist will be primarily responsible for direct patient care, planning and implementing specific treatment programs for individuals according to the principles and practices of speech therapy in the Post Acute Medical System. The Speech Language Pathologist will additionally be involved in the further development of the services. The Speech Language Pathologist must be flexible to meet the needs of the company within many different facilities. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position. Treats patients with ages from pediatric to geriatric.
• Demonstrates competency in accordance with hospital policy, procedures and practices.
• Routinely meets with the patient and/or family to accommodate the patient’s needs as indicated.
• Implements a functional training program based on the patient’s level of ability (i.e., balance, transitional movement, transfers, gait, wheelchair mobility, and dressing). Demonstrates competency in patient instruction of activities through effective intervention techniques.
• Uses equipment properly and instructs patient and caregiver in proper equipment use to promote function.
• Implements a therapeutic pool program, if available and appropriate.
• Promotes and provides high-quality speech therapy services in the hospital or clinic.
• Proficient in accessing research data and implements to support evidence-based practice.
• Works closely with the interdisciplinary team in coordinating the patient’s plan of care.
• Insures appropriate equipment (i.e., orthotic devices, wheelchair and accessories, bathroom devices) is obtained and safe for patient use.
• Prepares written or oral instructions to patients/caregivers for implementing therapeutic home exercise programs.
• Provides ongoing patient and caregiver education to include problem-solving skills in “real life” situations.
• Recommends appropriate home modifications and/or adaptations.
• Completes accurate records to ensure correct documentation: charge sheets, treatment records, and medical record documents, in an appropriate time frame, in accordance with PAM policies and procedures; assures the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of charge capture, per system, hospital or clinic/department policies and procedures.
• Completes accurate and timely reports for any unusual occurrences which occur to patients, visitors, staff, or self, and actively uses safety measures to prevent avoidable injuries.
• Responsible for meeting daily productivity standards.
• Assists and collaborates with the medical director, physician or consultants, and other staff members of the rehabilitation team in circumstances where joint efforts are necessary.
• Participates in patient care conferences and staff meetings.
• Participates in inservices and pertinent continuing education offerings and shares knowledge to promote team competence.
• Demonstrates support/responsibility for the overall functioning of the team.
• Assists with the maintenance of hospital or clinic equipment; reporting need for repairs and replacements when necessary.
• Adheres to Medicare rules and regulations when applicable.
• Participates in specialized training for program development when requested by Director.
Education and Training: Licensed as SLP in the state where the hospital or clinic resides. Current BLS certification required.
Experience: One year of clinical experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal ability to facilitate communication with professional medical staff, patients and their families, and the public.
• Numerical ability to understand clinical data.
• Acts in accordance with a well-developed sense of professional and ethical values.
• Needs good motor coordination to handle patients and equipment safely.
• Able to function in repetitive and/or changing tasks with ease.
• Able to work and reason independently, logically, impartially and accurately.
• Able to provide leadership and direction within her/his duties for the optimal functioning of the team.
• Able to accept and utilize advice and constructive criticism.
• Openness and willingness to modify work style in order to meet patient and hospital or clinic needs.
• Willingness to assume more responsibility.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status
Jupiter FL USA
Jobs in Jupiter FL United States
Speech Therapist- FT | Jupiter jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.