HSBC Mumbai Maharashtra India
3 months ago
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others. If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. Business Descriptor INM Business Banking (BB) segment is a strategic growth area for... INM CMB. INM BB is presently the fourth highest revenue contributor amongst BB sites in ASP. It has two revenue streams, viz., Transaction Banking (TB) and Lending. As per the latest strategic review of the business, INM BB’s revenue is targeted to increase from USD 83 in 2021 to USD 190 m in 2026, a CGAR growth of 19%. TB presently accounts for c 50% of the revenue and this contribution is expected to increase to 65% by 2026. also. The TB contribution is critical not only from an incremental revenue perspective but also to provide liabilities to support the asset growth. Whilst there has been renewed TB sales focus starting 2017-18 and we have doubled the business over last four years (Total Liabilities book has grown >3x, NTB Acquisition has accelerated by 5x). There has also been broadening of target segments, moving from sourcing primarily MNC accounts form IMs to sourcing MNC, Startups/Tech/New-Age companies, IT&ITeS thru IM and other Ecosystem connections. There is a need for concerted efforts to achieve the high growth rate over the medium to long term. Given that the planned revenue growth rate for BB is the highest that’s been achieved in the last decade and more, there’s a need to have stronger sales impetus led by business development, much higher level of NTB onboarding and higher focus on NTB Activation. TB growth isn’t only limited to the liabilities part including Current Account (CUA) balances and deposits (TMDs) but also covers the flow business. The transaction flow business would have GLCM, GTRF and even HSS/CTLA under its remit. Further, what’s also important is that the conventional way of addressing requirements in these segments warrant a paradigm change. There are newer business opportunities in the market that will have to be captured to support the high growth rate, which needs to be delivered through the platform & partnership strategy for BB. To drive this transaction banking focused selective customer acquisition and wallet deepening model, this new job role is being created at a country level. The incumbent would be the single senior resource sitting centrally to drive the growth agenda in TB. The incumbent would be responsible for the overall performance of the TB stream in terms of revenue & profitability in conjunction with the regional Team Heads. The incumbent would also work along with the Central team to drive sales activity management, adherence to control and compliance and performance measurement. Further, strong stakeholder engagement covering the Regional Heads/Team Leaders and Product partners would be a critical to the success of the role. The role would be pivotal to increasing the growth rate of business by a combination of the following: (a) driving existing sales engine to increase productivity, (b) continuously enhancing the product/process capabilities through the central product team as well as with business partners, both internal and external and (c) driving new avenues of growth – new ideas, new propositions, new opportunities to acquire more customers and capture more flows and balances, especially in the Technology/Digital/Startup space and Cross-border business opportunities in the BB space.
Principal Responsibilities Impact on the Business/Function Responsible for overall TB business in terms of:
• Sales Management and Performance Management (driving through team of Relationship Managers and Team Leaders)
• Growth in balances (CUA and TMD), forex flows (GTRF, GLCM, CTLA) and revenue achievement (both NII and NFI)
• Drive business by continuously enhancing the product/process capabilities through the central product team as well as with business partners (product partners, third party evaluators, lawyers, advisors, local industry bodies)
• Identifying new avenues to capture potential business opportunities in the ever dynamic market place
• Proactively develop and lead cross-border business opportunities and promote international CMB capabilities.
• Increase the cross-selling within the local market of GTRF, GLCM, CTLA, GM and RBWM products to deepen customer relationships and diversify Business Banking’s revenue stream.
Customers / Stakeholders
• Drive the delivery of a customer-centric, relationship building approach to promote cross-sell of both business and personal products and services to business owners, along with pursuing cross-border opportunities.
• Drive up customer satisfaction and oversee the delivery of a positive customer experience by effectively meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Focus on customer retention, in particular high value customers, by executing a consistent and effective client contact strategy.
• Engagement with BB RH/TLs to drive business growth through BB RMs and collaboration with Product partners.
• Collaboration with Intermediaries that support customer onboarding initiatives and episodic big-ticket transactions.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Drive the implementation of the long-term strategic vision and direction for assigned role, identifying the key steps necessary to achievement
• Engage with and support RHs/TLs to develop an effective team of Relationship Managers through active communication, performance management, development planning, and reward/recognition practices. Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business.
• Participate in community organisations and activities in the markets served to promote the brand, enhance the Group’s image, and establish the Bank in the business banking market.
• Foster appropriate relationships with other business areas, steering staff behaviour to build partnerships in an aligned, collaborative manner, in order to present a diverse, tailored offering of products and services to our customers. Ensure consistency of practices and compliance with pertinent policies and regulations.
• Lead, motivate and inspire the team to achieve the business objectives
• Share knowledge, experience and best practices within and outside of immediate team. Promote a collective culture to share experience and best practice.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
• Maintain and observe HSBC control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
• Ensure all Know Your Customer (KYC) / Customer Due Diligence (CDD) mandates are met in accordance with internal and external regulatory guidelines.
• Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy. Be vigilant in driving staff behaviour in an aligned fashion, holding them accountable for any violation of policy.
• Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned local market and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with Group Operations FIM
• The Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) segment is seen as the next growth driver for banks that are grappling with limited number of top-tier customers leading to intense competition and commoditization of product offerings.
• Significant changes in the financial services sector with new Banks (Small/Payments) entering the market and adding to the competitiveness.
• Nimbler and swifter private sector banks that focus significantly on the transaction banking business flows
• Interest rate environment impacting flow of liquidity amongst banks on account of pricing pressures/benefits offered to customers.
• New-age delivery mechanism encouraging customers to go with technology-intensive institutions offering speed and convenience
• Ensure renewed strategic focus on growing TB business is translated in actual business growth in a highly competitive business environment
• Influencing key decisions and effectively communicating with the senior Business Banking team to support the long-term business goals.
• Creating shared objectives with partners to deliver results in this matrix role
• This job role would operate under a matrix model whereas RM and TL (separate for TB and Lending business) located at cities report to City/Regional Heads locally and would also work with the TB Head operating centrally. The roleholder will report to the Country Head of BB, to whom the Regional/City Heads also report in.
• The revenue responsibility and overall job requirements are comparable to Head of Assets operating in BB for last 5-6 years. Infact, the actual revenue coverage would be much more significant than the Head-Assets, though the latter is responsible for working on a lower revenue base and with credit risk related challenges.
• The roleholder, working in conjunction with the Regional Heads, would be responsible for covering nearly 75% of the total BB revenue and is expected to contribute an incremental revenue growth of USD 30M in a three year period (2018-2020)
• Post graduate degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years proven and progressive business development, sales management, including extensive knowledge and proven sales success with the Bank’s products and services
• Must have experience managing business at a regional level through team leaders and/or managers.
• Exposure to various commercial banking products including liquidity management, trade, treasury and custody/securities.
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed in organically growing existing and winning new business.
• Strategic awareness and commercial acumen.
• Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.
• Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams.
• Ability to lead, motivate other senior stakeholders, managers across a wide range of strategic initiatives and agenda.
• Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skills set.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure within a team environment.
• Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst managing ambiguity, adhering to timelines and ensuring high quality of output.
• Ability to filter and prioritise multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
• Strong focus on customer-centricity
• Mandatory to successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required.
Useful Link Link to Careers Site: Click HERE You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India
Mumbai Maharashtra India
Jobs in Mumbai Maharashtra India
Senior Business Banking Manager Mumbai jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.