Langton Howarth Macclesfield United Kingdom
3 weeks ago
Location: Site based in Macclesfield, Cheshire
My client is a global leader in the development and manufacture of high-quality pharmaceutical testing equipment and associated services. Their equipment is used worldwide in the development and production processes of major customers the life sciences, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
There longstanding market and process know-how enables them to meet and exceed their customers bespoke requirements
This is an exciting onsite service engineer role offering full training where you will be the dedicated specialist engineering resource within the R&D & QC departments on a large pharmaceutical site!
Overnight stays and field based travel will also be minimal in this role so you will have the best of both worlds in terms of challenge, job satisfaction and work life balance!
The requirements of the Onsite Service Engineer – Analytical Chemistry Equipment role:
• You will have 1+ years experience as either a Field Service Engineer or... Onsite Engineer with experience servicing analytical chemistry equipment such as HPLC, GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS or related Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Spectroscopy or Pharmaceutical testing equipment
• You could be an aspiring Service Engineer who is currently working as Scientist, Chemist, Analyst, Equipment Technician, Lab Manager or similar where you have troubleshooted and maintained the above types of equipment from OEM’s such as Waters, Agilent, Perkin Elmer, Thermo Fisher, Shimadzu, SCIEX or similar company
• Additional experience with equipment such as GC, GC-MS, LCMS, Spectroscopy, UV-VIS, FTIR would be beneficial
• Experience working in a GMP or GLP/ GXP environment is ideal
• You will be educated in either a life science/chemistry or engineering subject
• Must hold a Full UK driving license & valid UK Passport
• Deliver expert and timely routine planned maintenance and breakdown support for my clients pharmaceutical testing equipment and associated products in line with my client’s service plans
• Complete all installations of my client’s equipment in line with agreed processes
• Identify new customers or new market segments that could become long term accounts
• Complete and submit all paperwork to the admin team
• Forge and maintains relationship with existing and new customers
Salary & Benefits:
• Base Salary Circa £30,000 - £43,000 (DOE)
• Fully expensed company car OR business mileage expensed for your own car
• Tax free daily allowance (£10 when in the field for up to 8 hours)
• Over time can will be paid in following fiscal year (January) or this can be taken of during the year as recover days, so no impact is made on statutory holidays
• Pension - 6% employer contribution with a minimum 3% employee contribution after 3 months continuous employment.
• 23 days holiday rising to 25 with continual service + 8 bank holidays
• Life Insurance (3x value of annual base salary) after 3 months continuous employment.
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up-to-date word CV to [email protected] and calling Ben Atherton directly to for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
Jobs in Macclesfield United Kingdom
Service Engineer – Analytical Chemistry Equipment Macclesfield jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.