NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council Chișinău Moldova
3 weeks ago
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
• *Role and responsibilities**
The Protection Officer implements protection activities in designated areas throughout Moldova. The Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring protection mainstreaming is upheld within the UDOC Protection team, and supports the Protection Monitoring Technical Officer in ensuring referral mechanisms are carried out appropriately.
• *Generic responsibilities:**
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated duties according to plan of action;
- Record and file information correctly;
- Work with diverse groups of people, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Contribute and participate in periodic and need-based market assessments to inform project design decisions;
- Promote... and share ideas that will help NRC respond appropriately.
• *Specific Responsibilities**
• **Service provision***
- Ensure the successful delivery of protection activities, including but not limited to: protection monitoring, psychological first aid (PFA), community-led projects, and awareness raising
- Set and oversee schedules for service delivery, and effective communication with the community for when and where services will be happening;
- Identify vulnerable beneficiaries and internally refer them to NRC ICLA referral focal point, Cash & Livelihoods, Shelter and WASH, and Education teams where necessary and appropriate;
- In collaboration with the Protection Monitoring Technical officer, prepare the Protection Monitoring plans, target locations and tools
- Support in service provision and smooth running of the NRC Community Centre
• **Monitoring and reporting***
- Prepare and submit reports and work plans in a timely manner;
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program;
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of activities and target achievements in the services under their responsibility;
• **Coordination and representation:***
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable individuals both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy;
- Maintain an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and ensure that protection assistants are informed about the available services
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
• *Experience and technical competencies:**
- Bachelor degree in Social work, Counselling, psychology, anthropology or other related field;
- At least 2 years of experience working with vulnerable populations ;
- Previous experience in international organisations;
- Sound knowledge of English language
- Complete fluency in written and spoken Fluency in Romanian and Ukrainian/Russian languages.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision to assistant;
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiary at all times;
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect of beneficiary at all times;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are **essential** for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
• *Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed
Protection Officer Moldova Chisinau (Moldovan Nationals Only) Chișinău jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.