AWE Reading United Kingdom
1 month ago
What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our Radiochemistry Group, bringing their experience to AWE and to successfully playing a key role in delivering for our customers.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £25,850 – £36,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date – 7th March 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of... the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you.
• Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
• Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
• Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
• Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
• A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
• Life Assurance
• Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
• Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
• A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing – more information available on our careers site
In this role you'll have the opportunity to build upon your skills and experience gained in a laboratory environment. This role will give you the opportunity to support a range of analytical processes in support of our regulatory dosimetry and environmental monitoring programmes.
Additional Responsibilities Include
• Support to evaluate, interpret and report data for routine analysis
• Help develop work instructions and safe systems of work
• Undertake lab management including conducting Risk and COSHH assessments, and writing operating instructions
We Are Particularly Interested In Hearing From Candidates With Knowledge And/or Experience Of Working In a Lab Environment And Can Demonstrate a Basic Understanding / Experience Of The Following
• Working in a laboratory or technical environment
• Awareness of safe systems of work and best practice in a laboratory environment
• Knowledge of Radiochemistry
Personal Attributes Should Include
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work with others collaboratively in a team setting
• Ability to operate scientific equipment
• Enthusiastic, positive, proactive, have a flexible attitude and able to take the initiative
• Appreciating the need for quality
• A positive attitude towards Health and Safety
This is an excellent opportunity to build on your knowledge of working in a Laboratory to support the UK’s Nuclear defence programme and be part of a team of remarkable people achieving extraordinary things
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with us.
Our ambition is to create workplaces where we recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. We strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide us will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR
Jobs in Reading United Kingdom
Laboratory Technician Reading jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.