ICES Toronto Canada
3 months ago
Data. Discovery. Better Health.
ICES is a world-leading health research and analytics institute. With a wealth of data and analytic expertise, we create trusted evidence that has changed health policy and practice and helps ensure better health for all. Ready to discover more with us? Join our outstanding, collaborative team where your skills, knowledge and curiosity are valued and can change the future of health care.
At ICES, we recognize what matters most to our employees. Some of the great benefits of working at ICES include:
• Flexible remote work arrangements anywhere in Ontario
• Competitive Compensation
• Comprehensive Benefits Program
• HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
• Employee Assistance Program and Dialogue Well Being Program
• Generous vacation, float and caregiver days for all employees
• Education Fund and Dedicated Education Days
• Holiday Closure
• Perkopolis Employee Discount Program
A Staff Scientist is a researcher, employed by ICES Central... whose role is primarily focused on ICES-directed research and decision support for ICES stakeholders and clients. The Staff Scientist works both independently and collaboratively with other ICES investigators and staff to provide scientific and methodological advice and support for ICES stakeholders such as the ICES Data & Analytic Services (DAS) clients (e.g. Ontario Health Data Platform (OHDP) researchers, knowledge users and decision makers), the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), and the Applied Health Research Question (AHRQ) Knowledge Users. The Staff Scientist is responsible for the planning, conduct and quality of the scientific work and deliverables, and signs off on project documentation. This position will have a particular focus on providing support for the Ontario Health Data Platform and its researchers including research projects focused on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
A Staff Scientist reports to the Director, Data & Analytic Services and will be assigned to an ICES Research Program as appropriate. As a member of a Research Program, the Staff Scientist will fully participate in and meet the requirements of the Program. However, the Staff Scientist does not have to meet the academic and publication requirements of an ICES Core or Adjunct Scientist.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
• In collaboration with the DAS and AHRQ teams, reviews, triages and scopes data services and AHRQ research/decision support requests;
• Mentors DAS staff in designing and conducting analysis and preparing output and reports;
• Engages actively with and/or provides consultation services to external stakeholders and clients on research feasibility, design, methodology, availability of ICES data and interpretation of findings;
• Completes research, analysis, interpretation and report writing related to ICES directed work such as Ministry requests, AHRQ and DAS projects;
• Works with investigators and staff in developing DCPs and analytic plans;
• Attends Ministry and other stakeholder meetings including project collaborations, consultation and knowledge translation related to ICES-directed work;
• Collaborates on or takes the lead on knowledge translation activities such as report writing, briefing notes, public reports, presentations and peer-reviewed publications;
• Contributes actively to the ICES mission and objectives through:
• participating in ICES committees and working groups;
• contributing to ICES strategic planning and business planning;
• contributing towards the review and improvement of ICES policies, procedures and other administrative and/or research processes for the effective and efficient management of the organization;
• Demonstrates compliance to all ICES policies and procedures;
• Completes annual confidentiality agreement, conflict of interest declaration and privacy refresher;
• Completes annual ICES productivity reporting;
• Regularly attends monthly Faculty meeting and assigned Research Program Meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as biostatistics, epidemiology or health service research (or related field) and extensive related experience (5 years+) or PhD;
• Demonstrated understanding of ICES data holdings and/or the use of large population-based datasets for health services research;
• Advanced experience independently managing clinical, epidemiological and/or health services research projects;
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills; experience in presentation to clinical, policy and decision-maker audiences;
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills with diverse stakeholder groups;
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and balance multiple projects;
• Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail;
• An academic appointment at a University is an asset but is not required;
• SAS programming skills are an asset, but are not required;
• Demonstrated peer-reviewed publication track-record including at least one lead authored scientific report or peer-reviewed publication;
• Demonstrated experience in knowledge translation such as preparing technical reports, briefing notes, and presentations for different stakeholder groups;
• Experience preparing applications for research funding is preferred, but not required;
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
This position is for a 24- month contract with possibility of renewal.
Security clearance may be required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Applicants are asked to make accommodation requests to ICES, and we will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.