UN Women Jakarta Indonesia
3 months ago
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
A key area of concern for UN Women is women’s economic empowerment as expressed in UN Women’s Strategic Plan 2018-2021. Empowering women to participate fully in economic life is essential to building... strong economies, establishing just societies, and achieving the 2030 Agenda including Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 5 for gender equality and women’s empowerment and several other SDGs relating to inclusive growth, decent work, ending poverty, and reducing inequality, and revitalizing the global partnership for sustainable development. Ensuring women’s participation and leadership and inclusion of their needs, experiences, and skills in the economy requires intentional actions and commitments from both the public and the private sector.
• *The Together Digital Programme**
The programme aims to support women entrepreneurs (in MSMEs) in China and Indonesia to establish, maintain and expand their businesses through training, support services and knowledge exchange opportunities. The programme also will have a cross-cutting regional alliance of champions and thought leaders from technology and innovation sector, which is established to facilitate knowledge exchange, skills transfer, and mentorship opportunities in promotion of digital empowerment of women entrepreneurs. The programme is funded by Alipay Foundation.
The overall objective of the programme is that women-owned SMEs and entrepreneurs have increased capacities and access to markets and financial services including technology based, for start-up and building resilient business. In Indonesia, the programme will focus on capacity building on gender responsive entrepreneurship skills, including on digital skills, and facilitate women entrepreneurs to gain access to funding and market. The target is to equip 2500 women in Indonesia with gender responsive entrepreneurship and digital skills and 500 out of 2500 women will get access to funding.
During the pandemic, the driving factors which enable women-led MSMEs sustain their businesses were their ability to develop innovations and strategies to cope with COVID-19 pandemic by online marketing, business switch, financial management, product diversification and product innovation[\[1\]](#_ftn1). The technology usage has not only helped the business to survive, but also to minimize loss during the pandemic. Women-led MSMEs used technology to support their businesses through E-Commerce, Social Media, Website, Online Delivery Service, and Peer-to-Peer Lending. However, there is low digital literacy among women-led MSMEs, which is rooted in gender stereotypes and inequalities of access between men and women, including access to increase their entrepreneurial and digital skills.
UN Women aims to recruit a national consultant and work together with the stakeholders to organize a bootcamp “Setara Berdaya” as part of Together Digital program, so women micro and small entrepreneurs will be enabled and equipped with digital skills to better participate in the digital economy.
2\. **The Objectives**
The objectives of the bootcamp are:
- To equip women micro and small entrepreneurs with digital skills for their business with gender perspectives and critical thinking to be able to participate in digital economy, including access to market through training, coaching and mentoring;
- To support women entrepreneurs who want to increase their businesses by utilizing digital technology from business ideation to digital branding and marketing;
- To facilitate women micro and small entrepreneurs with access to market in collaboration with stakeholders.
- 3. **Mechanism**
1. The Bootcamp will be organized with target participants includes 2000 women entrepreneurs and women who want to start their businesses that fit with the criteria:
- Women entrepreneurs who just started their businesses less than 6 months;
- Women entrepreneurs who have been running their businesses at least 6 months or longer.
The other criteria for the participants to join the trainings are as follows:
- Women age above 18 years old;
- Have at least mobile phone with internet connection;
- Have email address;
- Have businesses within size range of ultra micro, micro or small scale enterprises;
1. Do registration to join the training by filling in required information to the provided link and register at WeLearn.unwomen.org;
2. The Bootcamp program will be in hybrid format (online and offline), with the first part will be the online training aiming for 2000 participants across Indonesia and the second part will be offline with focus on participants from DKI Jakarta and Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara province;
3. The bootcamp will consist of the following scheme:
4. The Training and Coaching in the bootcamp will focus on digital skills for business and critical thinking with gender perspectives, which wiil include the topics such as:
- Gender and Women’s Leadership
- Critical thinking
- Digital skills including Digital Marketing and Branding,
- Business Model Canvas
5. The selected participants will receive mentoring from the appointed experts to increase their knowledge and skills;
6. The selected participants will be facilitated to access to market with support from the stakeholders;
7. Monitoring and evaluation, the participants will be monitored for their progress in applying the knowledge and skills for their businesses;
8. UN Women will engage the different stakeholders from public and private sectors to make the activities successful in promoting the activities, recruiting the participants, and providing access to finance and market.
[\[1\]](#_ftnref1) The Prakarsa (2020). Policy Brief: The impact of Covid-19 on Women Led-MSMEs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• *4. Scope of Works**
The consultant’s service to be provided during 1 March – 31 March include:
1. Developing the concept of the capacity building for the bootcamp program, so that the women entrepreneurs equipped with digital and critical thinking skills for improving their businesses using digital platform;
2. Organizing the Bootcamp program from selection and recruitment, training, coaching and mentoring and winner announcement;
3. Coordinating with UN Women on the training materials and mechanisms, and ensure the following:
4. The training will value the participants’ commitments, including to do the self registration to join the training, to do the homework voluntary to apply the skills and knowledge on their businesses;
5. to recruit and select the training participants through different channels, including but not limited to the communities of UN Women, partners and public;
6. Each participant must register WeLearn platform to access the learning materials;
7. Each participant must fill in business check up form to inform their pre condition;
8. To increase the awareness of these activities, together with UN Women to promote the activities through the social media of UNW and partners and appointed media supplier;
9. Responsible for monitoring and evaluation to measure the training participants’s progress, including developing activity report and training participants progress and evaluation report.
• *5. Deliverables and Payment**
• *Target delivery dates**
- Proposal including workplan for the Bootcamp Program
- Develop proposal for the concept and workplan for the Bootcamp program
- Develop questionnaires to measure participants’ progress
- Online/ Offline Trainings
- Recruit training participants
- Conduct online and offline trainings for participants
- Online and offline trainings report
- Conduct mentoring for participants
- Mentoring report
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop activity report
- Winners announcement
- Develop event for winner announcement
• *6. Duration**
The services will be provided during 1 March – 31 March 2023.
Required Skills and Experience
• *7. Minimum requirement**
The consultant with team members that have relevant experience are encouraged to submit an expression of interest. The following qualifications and competencies are required:
- The consultant has the expertise with minimum 4 years in organizing capacity building for women entrepreneurs with topic on digital skills for business;
- The consultant has the expertise with the minimum 4 year experience delivering entrepreneurship training particularly for women entrepreneurs;
- The consultant has the experts experience minimum 4 years working closely with MSMEs especially with women entrepreneurs from micro and small businesses;
- Strong experience in programme management and implementation particularly on capacity-building of women’s entrepreneurial and digital skills;
- Strong previous experience in developing entrepreneurship or digital training material is an advantage;
- Previous experience in working with UN agencies or other international organizations is an asset
National Consultant for UN Women Setara Berdaya Bootcamp Jakarta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.