Secretariat International Washington DC United States
3 months ago
Secretariat Economists (SE), a leading economic consulting firm, has an open Associate position for immediate start in its Washington, DC office. The Associate position is a two year position with opportunities for advancement to Senior Associate after the two year position...
SE Associates have the opportunity to work directly with Ph.D. economists from top universities on a variety of high-profile cases concerning antitrust litigation, mergers and acquisitions, government regulation of the private sector, general commercial litigation and employment work. Recent firm projects include examining the antitrust implications of the vertical integration of health insurers and healthcare providers, determining potential competitive effects of mergers between utility companies, evaluating class certification issues in consumer goods litigation, assessing damages in contract disputes, designing an incentive structure to promote use of renewable energy sources, designing a bidding strategy for participation in an electromagnetic spectrum auction, and assessing the importance of copyright industries (music, motion pictures, publishing, software, etc.) to the U.S. economy. Associates gain broad industry exposure and marketable skills in case management, data analysis, and research through responsibilities such as those detailed below:
• Act as a lead Associate on one to five cases at a time
• Manage teams of Associates
• Organize case research and data analysis
• Work closely with economists on a regular basis
• Work with complex databases and raw client data in Stata, R, SAS, and other programs
• Utilize tools such as Microsoft Excel and ArcGIS for graphical and statistical analysis
• Analyze industry participants and characteristics affecting market competition
• Calculate cost and damages estimates
• Consult with clients and private sources to obtain necessary data
• Investigate industries and companies using online and government resources
• Review litigation and case documents
Prospective candidates must possess a strong academic record, excellent analytical and quantitative skills, the ability to work effectively in teams, and experience with data analysis and/or case management work in a professional setting. Experience with Microsoft Excel and one or more data analysis programs (such as Stata, SAS, R, or Python) is required. SE Associates typically go on to pursue graduate degrees in economics, law, and business at leading universities or continue careers in business analytics and consulting.
In order to apply, please specify your preferred start date and office location in your cover letter and submit your resume, cover letter and transcript through SE’s Career Page here: https://ei.com/company-overview/careers/career-opportunities-for-research-associates/
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Associate - Secretariat Economists Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.