Engage Education Ireland Ireland
3 months ago
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Teacher Training ENGLAND
Engage Education has a two-phase Train to Teach programme which allows you to work, earn and learn all at the same time. The course is an alternative route to traditional initial teacher training, and offers a postgraduate-level qualification leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), no tuition fees, and the opportunity to earn while you learn. We are working in collaboration with NITE at Coventry University.
This school in Stevenage is seeking a Science, Computer Science, MFL, Design Technology and Maths Trainee. If you are not one of those subjects please do get in touch with us about other opportunities that we may have. The school is looking for trainees who can start immediately, but is prepared to wait for graduates who are currently finishing their degrees, so have the option of a September 2023 start.
About The School:
• This school is rated OFSTED Good, The School is unique in the area as it is situated on two... campuses allowing the school to be structured as a Middle and Upper School. What they offer is unique in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire.
• This school's aims are simple but profound: To ensure they achieve their maximum learning potential. To help each individual make the transition to our Upper School. To equip them to meet the challenges the future holds as a responsible member of society.
• The school has an Outstanding Sixth Form Centre.
• Based in Stevenage.
What does the training entail?
This program will run over two phases. In your first phase, you will work full time in a local school as a member of Support Staff, while receiving online and in-person support from our Partnership and Development team to prepare you for your training programme. This first phase will include CPD on:
• Knowledge of The Teachers' Standards
• Understanding of The Teachers' Standards
• Reflective Summary of Learning linked to The Teachers' Standards
By the end of Phase One, you’ll be ready to start teaching! Here is a breakdown of Phase 2:
Phase Two of the course gives you the essential knowledge and skills to excel in your teaching career. You will work as a teacher while studying for your PGCE and QTS assessment with the National Institute of Teaching and Education (NITE) at Coventry University. You will be paid in line with the national scale for unqualified teachers.
The modules included are:
• Behaviour and Classroom Management
• Curriculum Delivery and Assessment
• Development of The Teachers' Standards
• Evidence of practical teaching practice
• Paid as a TA in Phase 1, Unqualified teacher in Phase 2
• Get paid to do your PGCE
• Gain certified Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Train in a school you love and continue working there once you’ve qualified
• Exclusive professional and personal Engage benefits
To be considered for enrolment, applicants must have:
• Undergraduate Honours degree
• GCSE Level 4 (Grade C) in English, Maths (for Secondary trainees) plus Science (for Primary Trainees)
• Must have a desire and passion for becoming a teacher and working in secondary education on a long-term basis.
• The right to work in UK
Engage Education will be attending the Get into Teaching Event on Saturday March 11th at Congress Hall, Great Russel Street, London. If you would like to chat to us before this event please feel free to get in touch with us.
We hold regular CV workshops and webinars on this programme. Get in touch to register your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €100.00-€120.00 per day
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Trainee Teacher - England Ireland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.