Wood Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer, preferably experienced in Oil & Gas Sector / similar industry. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Civil & Structural Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects through a global talent pool.
• Senior Engineer shall be responsible for overall technical direction and co-ordination of all Civil & Structural engineering and design work on assigned projects in accordance with Project Execution Plan, applicable Project Procedures and Standards
• Ensure high quality and timely completion of the assigned work within the established budget, including ensuring technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc produced by the Civil & Structural discipline
• Prepare, Review, Check, Issue and follow up, all Civil & Structural... deliverables up to the issue for construction stage.
• Perform engineering design calculations and prepare design sketches as required
• Perform steel connection design and steel fabrication drawing review
• Coordinate with other disciplines for inputs / comments on Civil & Structural drawings prior to construction issue
• Assist in internal & client model reviews in line with Wood procedure
• Coordinate with Permitting Coordinator, Professional Engineers (PE) and Qualified Persons (QP) involved in the project for timely delivery of Civil & Structural documents for local authority approval.
• Shall prepare Sub-contract requisitions along with MTO/BOQ and participate in Technical Bid evaluation
• Shall ensure adequate manpower resources with relevant technical competence are available for his assigned area & advise the Lead / Civil Section Manager of manpower requirement to meet work schedule
• Assist the Project team in site walk-down survey with other discipline engineers and Client representatives as required, in resolving technical issues until construction completion
• To be part of field engineering team as per project need
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree in Civil Engineering with more than 7 years of experience in Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects
• Senior Civil & Structural Engineer with local Building / Infrastructural Project experience are encouraged to apply, industry specific training will be provided for suitable candidates
• Adept with software for Civil / Structural (both Concrete and Steel) design calculations such as STAAD.Pro, SAFE, RAM Connection, TEDDS, etc...Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets
• Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design
• Have knowledge in Local Singapore Civil & Structural Permitting Requirements
• Familiar with Civil & Structural design and drafting activities including ability to review 3D Design, SPR, Navisworks etc. and ability to manage/supervise designer/drafting team.
• Able to lead, motivate & guide a team comprising of Engineers & Designers
• Must have experience in manpower planning and CSA design deliverables execution planning and handling
• Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measure are desired
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Senior Civil & Structural Engineer Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.