RTI International Waltham MA Georgia
3 months ago
RTI's Health Practice Area is seeking a Mid- or Senior-level Researcher with demonstrated experience and interest in health economics or quantitative program evaluation of public health or behavioral health economic outcomes to work in the Health Economics Program. The Program conducts contract- and grant-funded research in the areas of behavioral health, chronic and infectious... diseases, and prevention policy to provide clients with innovative research, valuable economic analyses, and effective policy evaluation that to inform impactful health policy.
An understanding of cost-effectiveness principles, research design, and advanced econometrics is required. Familiarity with simulation modeling and a history of successful projects that have led to publication are also highly desirable.
The successful candidate can work remotely within the United States or from one of RTI's offices located in Research Triangle Park, NC; Washington, DC; Atlanta, GA; or Waltham, MA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize microeconomic principles to analyze economic costs and benefits of health programs and policies.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize technical data and background information for research studies.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative economic research activities of moderate technical complexity.
• Assist in the development of statistical analysis plans and conduct analysis of data according to project-specified protocols.
• Write proposal sections of moderate technical complexity requiring application of economic theories and methodologies.
• Organize data and construct analytic datasets from complex data sources using Stata, R, or SAS statistical software.
• Perform economic and statistical analyses or simulation modeling using Stata, R, Python, SAS, Matlab, and/or Excel.
• Publish research findings as coauthor or author in professional journals. Attend professional meetings, serve as discussant or moderator at professional seminars, present at conferences, and serve on professional committees.
• Serve as primary author of technical memoranda, reports, and presentations. Ability to orally present project results to clients.
• Perform work with minimal supervision/guidance from more experienced project leaders or program managers.
• Ensure that all client deliverables undergo appropriate levels of QA/QC and technical/statistical and editorial review.
• Contribute to business development by identifying new ways to enhance or expand existing research areas and presenting ideas or white papers in a clear, concise, and well-organized format.
• PhD or PhD candidate in Economics or related field, with experience in health or behavioral health economics.
• Understanding of principles of cost-effectiveness, research design and hypothesis testing, and advanced econometrics.
• Interest in developing a research agenda, as demonstrated by past work as a principal investigator or co-investigator on grants or contracts.
• Interest in contributing to health economics and related fields demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here.For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.
Hiring Salary Range
$100,000 - $122,000
Waltham MA USA (+4 others)
Research Economist - Health Economics Program Waltham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.