Maritime Singapore Connect
Maritime Singapore Connect Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Maritime Energy & Sustainable Development Centre of Excellence, NTU
The Maritime Energy & Sustainable Development (MESD) Centre of Excellence, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is looking into various alternative fuels for maritime industry, investigating the supply chain, adoption and technology. The Centre calls for talents with inspiration in maritime decarbonisation to join the team. Joining as a Research Fellow, you will participate in different maritime research projects and also lead your own projects.
• The Research Fellow will work on research projects investigating the total solutions of alternative fuels (e.g. Biofuel, Ammonia, Methanol, etc) for maritime industry, covering port operations, harbour craft and international shipping. The main scope would be to study the compatibility of the alternative fuels for maritime applications, including onboard trial.
• The Research Fellow will also need to assist in drafting... proposal, preparing project report and papers for publications, conducting experiments, making presentation to stakeholders, etc.
• Being a Research Fellow with the opportunity to lead own research topic, you are expected to:
• Identify research topics with high relevance and impact to maritime industry in the area of maritime energy and sustainable development
• Work closely with agency and industry to understand their needs and attain the collaboration
• Liaise with project stakeholders, including funding agencies, industrial partners and academic staff in universities and institutes (locally and internationally)
• Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering or related field
• Capable of using software tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, BOOST, CRUISE, EXCITE, FIRE, PSIM, ASPEN HYSYS, etc.
• Have basic knowledge in decarbonisation
• Good analytical and comprehensive skills for literature review
• Working experience in maritime industry or alternative fuels will be an advantage
• Ability to develop and manage R&D projects with good understanding of industrial needs
• A good team member with good communication & interpersonal skills as well as the capability to work independently
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
No of Vacancies
Research Fellow (Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Environmental... Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.