DNV GL Business Assurance Sweden AB
DNV GL Business Assurance Sweden AB Philippines Philippines
3 months ago
Local Unit & Position Description
The role is within the Business Area Energy Systems to enhance capabilities and increase resources of the Project Engineering group which oversees Technical Due Diligences for project financing, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Owner’s / Lender’s Engineering and Construction Monitoring services for wind energy projects in Philippines and other countries in APAC.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated and enthusiastic about renewable energy or sustainability.
The candidate will join the Renewables Advisory practise which consists of approximately 120 staff in Korea, Australia, India, Japan, Greater China, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia.
The main activities of the role of Renewable Engineer are:
Perform Project Engineering tasks including Technical Due Diligence, Owner’s / Lender’s Engineering and related scopes of work for onshore and offshore wind projects in APAC.
Provide owner’s / lender’s engineering support to project... tasks during pre-construction and construction phase of the projects:
• Preparation of design basis and specifications;
• Equipment review and specification;
• Site suitability assessment;
• Technical analysis of EPC contract tenders;
• Conceptual design;
• Detailed design/drawing review;
• Construction monitoring;
• Carry out portions of the Technical Due Diligence reviews for project financing and M&A processes:
• Site inspection
• Wind technology and site suitability assessment (climatic conditions, acoustic, ground conditions, etc.)
• Review of pre-construction / operational energy assessment
• Assessment of balance of plant (civil and electrical infrastructure)
• Technical analysis of project contracts, and operation and maintenance strategy
• Assessment of project construction schedule
• Review of project authorizations, licenses or land securement contracts
• Evaluation of technical inputs for Project’s Financial Model
• Liaising and resolving technical issues with project developers, lenders/investors and grid operators, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
• Working as part of the Project Engineering group with local and international colleagues, and integrating assigned deliverables with those responsible for other project aspects;
• Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines.
• Increase the share of wallet that we have with existing clients and introduce more products and win new business;
• Assist in expanding sales funnel by identifying and acquiring new customers;
• Directly engage local and international developers;
• Develop a consultative selling framework, focusing on what the customer wants and associated added value;
• Preparation of proposals, technical reports and presentations.
• Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field; .
• A master’s and/or post-doctoral degree in a related field.
• The position will be based out of our Manila office, Philippines.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for the position are:
• Experience in development, design, review and/or supervision of renewable projects: including technology, civil, electrical infrastructure works and/or grid interconnection;
• Have an understanding of the drivers, technological challenges and solutions in infrastructure projects;
• Knowledge of prevailing Philippines and international standards related to infrastructure projects;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in both Tagalog and English, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports in English;
• Ability to work independently, be a self–starter, energetic;
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers;
• Ability to work effectively and professionally in a team environment with diverse people – customers and co-workers;
• Solution-oriented thinking skills – identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or mitigations that allow development and financing/investment to proceed;
• Good organisation and time management skills, ability to cope with a wide variety of tasks;
• Understanding and following safety requirements for accessing and working on wind farm, solar plant constructions sites or high voltage installations domestically and internationally;
• Proficient in using MS Office suite packages
Detailed experience in one or several of the aspects listed above would be valued:
• 5 years of experience in a similar position within the wind industry;
• Experience in delivering owner’s / lender’s engineering and due diligence services as a technical advisor;
• Strong industry experience in the planning, design, construction and/or operations of wind farms;
• Have an in-depth understanding of the drivers, technological challenges and solutions in wind energy;
• Knowledge of prevailing Philippines and international standards related to wind power plants;
• Experience in using relevant software for engineering design and calculations;
• Demonstrated project management skills of utility scale projects, including budget control, customer care, management of sub-contractors and progress against project milestones;
• Commercial support (awareness of market trends, participation in industry conferences, proposal management and winning new business);
• Technology scouting and market watch of the renewable energy industry;
• Normal office environment, regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching;
• Some domestic and international travel to other company office locations, site locations, client offices and conferences;
• Occasional work outdoors including site visits, traveling by car and walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV Singapore ranks number one in the Professional Services category in Singapore’s Best Employers 2022 survey conducted by the research firm Statista, in partnership with The Straits Times.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity
Jobs in Philippines Philippines
Electrical Engineer Philippines jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.