DC Thomson United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
Why DC Thomson?
DC Thomson is one of the prominent media organisations in the UK, with a community of 1,600 colleagues with different strengths, experiences and perspectives, united by a shared goal of building brands that inform, entertain and delight audiences across the globe.
People and communities are at the heart of everything we do: the colleague communities, the communities they live and work in and the communities we build around our brands.
Junior Software Engineer Role:
As part of the Platform Engineering Group, your responsibilities will be to collaborate within a growing cross functional organisation tasked with the inception and continuance of a series of services underpinning the largest digital transformation in the company’s history. You will be mentored through the early stages of your career in how to create and maintain high quality software applications, pairing with colleagues with different skill sets to evolve your own abilities.
Our desire to foster a... working environment that enables high velocity decision making will allow you to learn through practise and experimentation, whilst permitting you to take advantage of industry standard training services that will support your experiences.
Your participation in this culture will empower you to meaningfully contribute to the delivery of software solutions to our stakeholders, not only through your participation in the design and implementation process, but also in the refinement of our mentoring and documentation processes. The opinions you bring will be a valuable resource in the continuous improvement of our engineering practises and training decisions.
• Collaborate within a team of cross functional professionals to deliver value in an Agile environment
• Review problems and design solutions in a high velocity, iterative software development lifecycle
• Take charge of personal development and pursue additional certification with guidance from experienced mentors
• Assist in the creation and preservation of highly intuitive software projects
• Embrace and maintain our inclusive, dependable and compassionate Engineering Culture
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable interest in creating applications by following good software practises
• Excellent Problem Solving and Communication skills
• Evidence of ability to successfully pursue relevant Certifications and Training
• Experience working as part of a team
Benefits on Joining the Platform Engineering group:
• Working with a talented team of digital and industry experts who love to learn from each other
• The team is a central point to continue driving DC Thomson’s digital evolution
• Opportunity to shape your own learning and development path
• Holiday entitlement, Health Plan, Pension, Access to Personal Development platforms such as LinkedIn Learning and A Cloud Guru, Team Social Events, Hybrid Working
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This is a hybrid role offering a blend of home and office working from one of our various office locations. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Junior Software Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.