UPS United Kingdom
UPS United Kingdom Edinburgh United Kingdom
3 months ago
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
As a Senior Developer at UPS you work on delivering functionality for highly complex IT systems. Your primary role is to perform full system life cycle activities, e.g. analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing and the implementation of software.
You will be working on projects and implementations of systems used in countries around the world and be part of a large community of agile teams that mainly communicate digitally.
The role is home based with business travel taking place around 1-2 times per... year.
Remote work is central to this role so we welcome applications from any UK location. There is no requirement to be close to a city or UPS facility.
This could be a great opportunity for an Intermediate Developer seeking a transition to a Senior Developer.
What You’ll Do
• Work across multiple agile teams to support them on the roadmap goals agreed to, ensuring the work delivered is professional and up to agreed standards
• Review designs and adjust where needed
• Implement coding standards within the teams
• Coach and mentor developers in their development
• Interact with corporate partners on system components and backend systems
• Ensure consistency of the product and maintain overall quality
• Develop and implement plans to remediate technical debt
• Maintain code repository and management of Pull Requests
• Introduce new technologies and frameworks
• Work with the product owners to ensure technical debt is prioritized
• Engage with the product owner and teams on the design of complex user stories
• Ensure products conform to quality and content standards
• On a rota basis provide (paid) ‘on call’ support
What You’ll Need
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems Management or Information technology
• 5 years’ experience with software engineering technologies (Visual Studio, C#, Client-Server, SQL Server, XML, JSON and HTML)
• Good understanding of the latest technologies and how to implement them
• Proven experience with design work on existing systems
• Analytical and problem solving.
• Continued self-development to deepen your understanding of the fields you’re assigned to.
• Ability to work from a suitable home office
What You’ll Get
• A salary range of £50-£55k
• 20 vacation days plus UK bank holidays
• Excellent benefits including company pension scheme and discounts at major retailers.
• Industry-leading training to build on your existing talent
• Plenty of opportunity to progress – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
Jobs in Edinburgh United Kingdom
Senior Developer Edinburgh jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.