Newmont Suriname Suriname
3 months ago
Newmont Suriname was established in 2004 as an entity of Newmont Mining Corporation and is headquartered in Paramaribo, Suriname. Located in South America, Suriname was originally settled as a Dutch colony, is very culturally diverse and enjoys a tropical climate. The Merian Project is located approximately 60 km south of Moengo in a largely undeveloped part of the country with the nearest permanent settlement, Langa Tabiki, approximately 17 km east from the Project site. Strong support from host communities and the government of Suriname strengthen Merian's ability to deliver safe, profitable production with significant upside potential and opportunity for employees, host communities and shareholders.
Plan and ensure the implementation of services and facilities in: food, camps, transportation, guest houses, travel reservations, offices, recreations to contractor personnel and employees during the daily operation. Ensure that Legal, Commercial, Loss Prevention... Social Responsibility and Environmental standards are met to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and contribute to the success of the project.
Plan and ensure the proper functioning and service of wastewater treatment plants, drinking water plants, maintenance of facilities and purchases of goods that are required to guarantee the effectiveness of the processes.
• Establish policies, standards, and procedures applicable to customer satisfaction needs.
• Plan and implement actions aimed at the continuous improvement of the activities of the different contracts and processes in charge.
• Contribute to the administration of the contract cycle from the search for alternatives, competition, award, performance management and contract closure in coordination with supply risk management and SCM policies.
• Plan and implement the best processes in the company's personnel food services (kitchen and refrigeration system, production plant), office management, personnel transportation and camps (rooms for employees, recreation facilities, sports activities, industrial laundry, quality of life program).
• Support the social plan strategy with the development of local community suppliers in facilities, catering, and transportation services.
• Plan and organize transportation, food supplies, and camps in emergency situations, labor unrest, and community road blockades, and keep contingency plans updated.
• Carry out the department planning and analysis of various applicable contracts and processes & procedures. Generate actions of continuous improvement and optimization of the different services in the company.
• Plan and manage the budget of the area.
• Review and manage all area contract services according to the defined Scope.
• Prepare technical-financial reviews for the area and report as required by the business.
• Prepare technical-financial reviews to implement improvements.
• Ensure compliance with the internal policies of H&S, Security, Social Responsibility, as well as compliance with the specific laws and regulations applicable to each service under its responsibility.
• Manage and maintain the buildings & structures assigned to the camps department (maintenance and structural and legal operational needs).
• Ensure the effectiveness of wastewater treatment plants and drinking water plants, as well as compliance with applicable regulations, standards, and legal permits.
• Evaluate and manage the administration of air transport, maintenance of GHs, and offices in Paramaribo as well as evaluate and optimize the administration.
• Develop and implement recreation programs for the company's staff generating camaraderie and identification with the company.
• Know and comply with the Internal Regulations of Occupational Health and Safety of Merian issued in accordance with the applicable Law, as well as the standards on Safety, Integral Hygiene, and Environment contained in the Internal Work Regulations and in the Code of Conduct of Merian, the Fatality risk Manual of Merian, the Internal Manual of Procedures and Standards of its Work Area and the Loss & fatality Prevention activities scheduled for its Department
• Know and demonstrate commitment and compliance, within the limits of their control and when applicable to their activities, with the Merian Declaration of Environmental Commitments, Merian's environmental procedures, and the responsibilities assigned and programmed for their department.
• Demonstrate social sensitivity, commitment, and compliance with Merian's Social Responsibility policy, maintaining socially responsible behavior with the Community and the Company.
The above duties and responsibilities are representations of the nature and level of work assigned to this position and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
• Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related, recommended with postgraduate studies in Administration, Administrative Management, Human Resources or Similar.
• Knowledge of quality management ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, OHSAS 18001 or similar, Project Management, Office Automation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project), Advanced English (spoken and written) and B-E driver's license.
• 9 to 10 years in Contract Management, Personnel Supervision and Project Evaluation in mining or similar industries.
Skills and Abilities
• Situational Leadership, Ability to develop and stimulate Teamwork, Excellent Interpersonal Relationships at different levels, Helpful, Proactive, Dynamic, Organized, Stress Tolerance, Ability to Work under Pressure. Persuasive, facilitative, affable, ethical.
• Works at operations and project mine sites of Newmont Suriname on a schedule of 14 days of work at 10 hours per day at a camp followed by 7 days of rest including.
• Works in remote locations with regular boat travel to communities in and around the sites.
• Wears personal protective equipment including steel-toed boots, long-sleeved shirts, or any other equipment to perform duties safely as required by the Health & Safety Plan.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected]
Superintendent General Camp Services Suriname jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.