City of Brampton
City of Brampton Brampton Canada
3 months ago
JOB TITLE: Child and Youth Program Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Community Services
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Part-time, seasonal and temporary
HOURS OF WORK: variable hours; 24 hours a week
HOURLY RATE: $15.50
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2023
Area Of Responsibility
Reporting to the Recreation Programmer/Recreation Coordinator, the instructors are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Responsible for the safety and well-being of registered participants at all times.
• Plan, organize and deliver high quality safe and stimulating program for all levels of participants
• Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
• Communicate with participants in regards to program opportunities
• Assist and mentor volunteers and assistants
• Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be... ready to respond to any emergency situation
• Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
• Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
• Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
• Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
• Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
• Attend meetings/training as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Experience working with children
Other Skills And Assets
• Minimum 16 years of age
• Current Standard First Aid / CPR C from an accredited organization, or ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
• High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development or Sport Certification, considered an asset
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
• Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by December 31, 2023 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. Should you wish to opt out of completing the survey, please select “prefer not to answer” as a response to each question. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition
Child and Youth Program Instructor Brampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.