City of Beaumont
City of Beaumont Beaumont Canada
3 months ago
Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. We are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and we offer a collaborative team environment. The Community and Social Development Team is seeking a passionate, part-time Youth Outreach Worker with exceptional interpersonal skills to work directly with the young people in our community at the Chantal Berube Youth Centre. This is a part-time position with approximately 18 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
• Provide intervention, supports and outreach services to vulnerable at-risk youth in the Beaumont community
• Support youth in accessing services, advocate for their needs, engage with their family and support them in continuing their education, and/or seeking housing and employment
• Plan and implement support groups, workshops, and programming around current youth issues in the... Beaumont community
• Act as a liaison between schools, the RCMP, adults in the community, stakeholders, and other youth services providers to ensure youth can build positive relationships and access the supports they need
• Use strength-based approach to work towards helping youth reach their full potential
• Provide a timely response and intervention to youth who may be experiencing a crisis
• Work with the youth to develop strategies to deal with the immediate crisis and continuity of care
Required knowledge, education, and experience:
• Diploma in Child and Youth Care or Human Services (equivalencies with experience will be considered)
• 2 years’ experience supporting youth at risk
• Strong understanding of youth mental health issues and trends
• Experience providing one on one supports to youth at risk
• Motivated and has a positive attitude and work ethic
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR (must be maintained)
• Suicide Intervention Certificate or Mental Health First Aid (must be maintained)
• Class 5 driver’s license and Drivers Abstract
The successful candidate for this position must provide a clear Criminal Record Check and Alberta Children Services Intervention Check as a condition of employment and prior to the commencement of work.
This part time position offers an hourly rate of $25.68. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume (in PDF or Word format), indicating the competition number 23-16 by March 9, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Youth Outreach Worker (Casual) Beaumont jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.