Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Tianjin China
3 months ago
14 / Feb / 2023, 1 : 30 : 03 AM
• 1. Manage account reconciliation activities covering;
• Nostro account reconciliations,
• Internal / GL account (suspense and sundry) reconciliations,
• Trade / Stock and Position reconciliations,
• Credit Card, ATM, retail branch banking reconciliations
2. Perform error free reconciliation as per procedures (DOI) / Reconciliation Policy using reports from various transaction processing and recon applications.
3. Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
4. Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs.
Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature... and impact of an issue / open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
5. Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes / automate / eliminate non value added activities and implement them for process improvements.
6. Liaise extensively with a wide set of senior stakeholders, get required support to resolve long outstanding reconciliation open items and get buy in to implement process / system changes
7. Continuously improve team productivity to the standards prescribed
8. Create sufficient back-ups for each process to eliminate key staff risk at any point of time.
9. Work to reduce System Downtime in collaboration with technology teams
10. Perform end-to-end analysis of reconciliation processes and controls and propose solutions for addressing gaps, from a reconciliation perspective.
11. Perform root-cause analysis of reconciliation errors and issues with clearly articulated mitigation plans.
12. Follow up on risks with both internal teams and external stakeholders for timely closure without becoming overdue and promptly update actions to risk teams ahead of target timelinesClick here to enter text.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Lead the country / business unit / function / XXX team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients;
Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment. *
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
GBS Units and Country Counterparts
Our Ideal Candidate
• Productivity, Timeliness, SLA adherence, Errors, Operational Losses
• Performance on key responsibilities
• Performance on adhoc responsibilities advised from time to time
• Adherence to provisions of the DOI and applicable Group Policies
• Living Groups values
• Involvement / Participation in GBS / Department / Business projects.
Knowledge acquired in TLM / Reconciliation principles / FCP / Enabling Systems
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
• Financial Knowledge Entry
• English Core
• Team Player Core
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you.
You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours.
When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we :
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental / maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to.
If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.