Singapore Sailing Federation
Singapore Sailing Federation Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
JOB TITLE:High Performance National Coach - Optimist
DIV/DEPT/GROUP :High Performance
Direct Report(s): Head of High Performance and Coaching
Liaise with (internal): Assistant High Performance Managers and other High Performance coaches
Liaise with (external): Key stakeholders in sailing and national sporting ecosystem (National Youth Sports Institute, Singapore Sports Institute, etc ), Squad Sailors and Parents
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Deliver coaching to the National Optimist Training 'B' Squad.
• Full-time (based in Singapore)
• Subject to 3 months probationary periodREMUNERATION / SALARY
$3,000 - $3,600 (subject to qualifications and experience)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB ROLE
• Coach Optimist sailors in the National Training Squad (NTS) - Optimist B Squad by equipping them with racing and boat handling technical skills and introducing physical fitness training on land to complement their... development as competitive sailors.
• Work with other high performance coaches to develop a long term sailor development process across pathway classes (junior to senior) to ensure a sustainable pipeline of sailors going through to campaign for major games (Southeast Asian Games, Asian Games, Olympic Games).
• Conduct twice monthly sessions of Character Development Through Sailing (CDTS)
• To lead NTS to overseas competition and training camps Administration
• Plan and document NTS - Optimist B programme using a Yearly Planning Instrument.
• Assist with the administration of Selection policies and training attendance records
• To conduct 2 townhall breakaway sessions annually communicating with parents and sailors on the NTS programme Others
• Support other sailing related activities organised by Singapore Sailing Federation in support of pathway development for athletes
• Any other duties as may be requested by the Head of High Performance and CoachingCONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• The candidate will be required to undertake and attain CoachSG Level 2 certification.
• SingaporeSailing is committed to providing CPD for the successful candidate. We expect the successful candidate to undertake available training courses and research to enhance personal knowledge, skills and experience.
• Attend relevant training courses/seminars/workshops as required to assist with CPD as directed by the Head of High Performance and CoachingCOMPETENCIES/ATTRIBUTES
• High level of teamwork and attention to detail
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the pursuit of excellence
• Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
• Willingness to challenge and be challenged, able to listen
• Good communication skills with young athletes and parentsQUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Holder of Powered Pleasure Craft Driver's Licence (PPCDL)
• Experience in coaching junior and/or youth Optimist sailors
• Sail coaching certification equivalent to CoachSG Level 1
• Proficient IT skills, specifically Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets
High Performance National Coach Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.