Municipal World Toronto Canada
3 months ago
The City of Toronto is home to more than 2.9 million people whose diversity and experiences make this great city Canada’s leading economic engine and one of the world’s most diverse and livable cities. As the fourth largest city in North America, Toronto is a global leader in technology, finance, film, music, culture, and innovation, and consistently places at the top of international rankings due to investments championed by its government, residents, and businesses.
The Engineering and Construction Services (ECS) Division provides specialized engineering design and construction services to internal clients (Toronto Water, Transportation Services, Solid Waste Management Services, and other City Programs and Agencies), and external clients (the development industry, utility companies, TTC, Metrolinx, and other public agencies) creating safe and sustainable municipal infrastructure.
ECS delivers the following services:
• Municipal Infrastructure Construction
• Engineering Review and... Acceptance
• Engineering Information
Key strategic priority areas for ECS include:
• Effectively coordinating and managing multi-year construction programs
• Increasing the delivery capacity to accommodate the City’s municipal infrastructure capital program
• Timely reviews and processing of development, transit, and third-party applications
• Leveraging technology
• Ensuring regulatory compliance and reliance on best practices
• Effectively managing human capital
THE OPPORTUNITY TO INFLUENCE AND DRIVE THE BUILDING OF SAFE AND SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURE THAT ENHANCES THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THE PEOPLE OF TORONTO
The Chief Engineer & Executive Director will strategically lead and operationally manage a division of 670 professional and technical staff to realize the vision of being an industry leader in delivering municipal infrastructure engineering services with integrity and pride. The Chief Engineer & Executive Director will lead complex, high profile, transformative engineering initiatives, programs and projects that support the City’s growth. The Chief Engineer & Executive Director will be responsible and accountable for delivering safe, sustainable municipal (road, bridge, water, wastewater, storm water and solid waste) infrastructure that contributes to a high quality of life for the residents of Toronto. The Chief Engineer & Executive Director will pursue strategic opportunities to more broadly share and coordinate the delivery of infrastructure projects and develop shared delivery models. The Chief Engineer & Executive Director will lead by example in demonstrating the values of service, stewardship, and commitment. In addition, the Chief Engineer & Executive Director will lead by example in embracing and exemplifying the City’s four workplace culture themes that create the roadmap to building a great Toronto Public Service: Being Respected, Empowered and Valued; Embracing Diversity and Inclusion; Making a Difference; and Working Together……and exhibit the key foundational leadership competencies that encompass accountability, continuous improvement and innovation, customer focus, teamwork, and Toronto public service commitment.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Executive senior leadership experience with a proven track record of leading specialized professionals to deliver high-profile, complex engineering and construction projects within a large, organization of significant scope and scale
• Excellent business and financial acumen, excellent project management skills including managing large budgets, large contracts, and resources effectively and efficiently
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing change aligned to strategic priorities and objectives over the short and longer terms
• Exceptional stakeholder engagement and collaborative relationship builder with an ability to create and communicate a vision and strategy across diverse partners and constituents, and effectively execute on the implementation of key priorities and plans
• An innovative, creative, and future focused leader who anticipates new directions, issues and trends that inform the development of effective and timely strategies, policies, programs, and services
• Experience building high performance teams, coaching and mentoring teams, and establishing succession plans
• Excellence in verbal and written communication skills, and political acuity
• An inclusive leadership approach; demonstrates a strong understanding of and commitment to principles of anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion
• A leader who builds organizational resilience to adapt to changing environments; acts with integrity, empathy and humility and is self-aware of impact on people and organizations
• Inspirational, with a passion for public service, commitment to driving Toronto’s growth and long-term prosperity, and enriching employee engagement and employee experience
• Demonstrated ability to quickly build and garner credibility, trust and respect with multiple stakeholders, including elected officials
• Engineering Degree (eg. Civil Engineering)
• Current P.Eng designation (in good standing)
The City of Toronto is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
The City of Toronto strives to build an inclusive society and providing an accessible environment in which all individuals have access to the City’s services and programs in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Learn more about the City’s commitment to accommodation and employment equity. accommodation and employment equity. Should you require accommodation to participate as a candidate in the hiring process, please communicate your needs to LHH Knightsbridge executive search team member, Lindsay Millard, [email protected]
If you are interested in being considered for this exciting and challenging senior leadership opportunity, please submit your expression of interest (cover letter and current resume) by email to Lindsay Millard, Senior Consultant, at [email protected] with “City of Toronto, Chief Engineer & Executive Director” in the subject line.
ABOUT LHH – www.lhh.com
At LHH, we exist to help people, teams and organizations find and prepare for what’s next. Our end-to-end HR solutions future-proof organizations and careers all over the world. Through Advisory, Career Transition & Mobility, Insights, Learning & Development and Recruitment Solutions, we enable transformation, and our job is never done because there’s always another tomorrow to prepare for.
We make a difference to everyone we work with, and we do it with local expertise, backed by global infrastructure and industry-leading technology. LHH’s over 8,000 colleagues and coaches span 66 countries worldwide, working with more than 15,000 organizations, a majority of Fortune Global 500, and nearly 500,000 candidates each year. Together we address needs across the entire talent journey, helping organizations build their capabilities and individuals build brighter futures.
LHH is a part of the Adecco Group, the world’s leading talent advisory and solutions company, headquartered in Zurich Switzerland
Chief Engineer & Executive Director, Engineering and Construction... Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.