The Scarborough Hospital
The Scarborough Hospital Ontario Canada
3 months ago
GAIN Clinic - Occupational Therapist - OT (GEN)
Job Number: J0223-1176 Job Title: GAIN Clinic - Occupational Therapist - OT (GEN) Department: Professional Practice Job Category: Clinical Professional/Allied Health Hospital Location: General Job Type: Full Time Number Of Positions: 1 Union: OPSEU Local 575 Hours: Days Date Posted: February 24, 2023
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next... generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Working as a member of the inter-professional team, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing care on in-patient units, using recognized occupational therapy practices in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. The Occupational Therapist actively participates in regular team meetings, liaises with community based providers, advocates on behalf of clients and their families and participates in inter-professional patient and family conferences as needed. The successful candidate may be scheduled at any SHN hospital based on departmental needs.
• Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy and Licensing with the College of Occupational Therapists is mandatory
• Liability insurance confirmed
• Proven interpersonal relationship skills and good judgment
• Demonstrated skills and expertise in the efficient and effective provision of patient care
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Ability to speak another language is an asset
• Masters in Occupational Therapy
• ADP certification
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.
Gain clinic - occupational therapist - ot (gen) Ontario jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.