Kindred Connections Society (Kindred)
Kindred Connections Society (Kindred) Calgary Canada
3 months ago
At Kindred, we’re convinced the key to living well is healthy relationships with self, family, and others. But relationships are complicated and sometimes we find ourselves in vulnerable places, disconnected from those who matter most.
Kindred’s purpose is to realize the power of human connection, and it shapes everything we do. Whether biological or chosen, family is the most important relationship in a person’s life. So, we invest in the special bond between children and those that care for them. We provide road maps toward healing when essential relationships are ruptured. And we understand that accessing timely mental health support can inspire confidence with self and others. Healthy human connection is possible, and together we can realize it.
Job Title: Dietitian
Job Type: Part-time (0.8 FTE) Mon-Thurs
The Dietitians role works to support healthy nutrition for all members of the family with a focus on young children and... pregnant individuals. This is done through connecting and supporting agencies of the Healthy Babies Network (HBN), with individual consultation with clients and through informational groups and classes. This role contributes to building a supportive and vibrant community for the young parents and their children at Louise Dean Centre. This position reports to the Supervisor of Early Parenthood Supports.
Key Accountabilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Client Serving (65%)
• Provide nutrition counselling services, including assessment, service planning/goal setting, implementation and evaluation to individuals and their family, in a case management format;
• Program plan and facilitate groups, co-taught class and Centre events; such as Parenting 1 &2 class, Prenatal class, Pantry to Plate, HBN quarterly meetings etc.;
• Develop and implement health promotion and awareness activities related to nutrition for the target populations, primarily within Louise Dean Centre;
• Support clients to access internal and external resources;
• Support Centre needs as they arise.
• Administrative tasks such as data collection, database input and casework documentation;
• Participate in individual and group supervision, team/agency/division meetings, live observations and professional development opportunities;
• Consultation with supervisor, colleagues, natural supports and other professionals;
• With support of supervisor, coordinate use of holiday time to best suit the needs of the program.
Agency and Collaboration (10%)
• Act as a consultant to allied professionals within the agency and community partners;
• Work collaboratively with our Calgary Board of Education and Alberta Health Services partners as well as other program staff;
• Participate in committees and events that support the agency and the division.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Foods and Nutrition;
• Eligible and in good standing with professional governing body if applicable;
• Takes a posture of Cultural humility in working with diverse populations; experience with Indigenous and/or Immigrant families is an asset;
• Experience with quality assurance, data management, program outcome measurements and evaluation, and co- creation of reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Utilized a Case Management approach to support client needs;
• Familiarity with using computerized tools (e.g., zoom, MS teams, databases) for communication and case management is expected;
• Crisis management;
• Group planning and facilitation skills;
• Knowledge of child development and positive parenting practices;
• Ability to cross train to another divisional role to provide back up when needed;
• Knowledge of adolescent development, domestic violence, substance abuse and mental health;
• Knowledge of Trauma-informed practice, Systems theory and working through a family lens.
Qualities and Characteristics
• Embodies Kindred’s purpose (connection!) as demonstrated by prioritizing, embracing, and thriving in the work through strong relationships internally and externally;
• Strong personal alignment with the Kindred values: compassion, courage, family, excellence, and humility.
• Valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract and use of a vehicle with appropriate insurance;
• Expectation of flexibility with hours to meet client needs; some evening work required.
How to Apply:
The application will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please e-send your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Heather Allon, Supervisor – Early Parenthood & Infant Mental Health with “Dietitian” in the subject line.
Successful applicants for this Position must complete Police Information Check and Alberta Intervention Record Check.
Kindred offers a competitive benefits package, which includes health, dental, paid sick/personal days, generous vacation time, life insurance, AD&D, supplemental unemployment benefits plan, long-term disability, and group RRSP with employer matched contributions. We also offer on-going learning and development opportunities, and we hold employee appreciation and social events throughout the year.
The need for human connection is universal. At Kindred, we believe that everyone deserves to experience belonging regardless of where you come from, who you love, how much money you have or how you choose to pray. By embracing diversity of culture, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and thought, Kindred is committed to ensuring there is space for you. Kindred approaches its diversity, equity, and inclusion journey with curiosity and humility. We commit to creating a safe and inclusive environment for our staff, clients and anyone we have the privilege of being in connection with.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Salary: From $43,458.00 per year
• Company events
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Flexible schedule
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Wellness program
• Day shift
• Evening shift
Work Location: One location
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.