networx | Recruitment Software & Services by IRIS
networx | Recruitment Software & Services by IRIS Hull United Kingdom
3 months ago
As the UK’s leading integrated health and safety experts, Arco combine multi-channel distribution of 170,000+ products with specialist training, consultancy, and site services. Arco’s history spans over 100 years, and following the recent appointment of a new CEO, the business is now transitioning to a high-performance culture, driven by the ambition to grow and become even more sustainable into the future.
With a workforce of circa 1,650 employees, Arco will continue to have at the core of its culture, a clear and pervasive set of values creating a diverse, inclusive workforce.
We’re now looking to recruit an exceptional Clothing Technologist & Designer on a 12-month FTC that shares our core values; respect for people, hard work and enterprise, excellence in reputation and making the world a safer place for everyone.
About The Role
As a Clothing Technologist & Designer, you'll be responsible for managing the design and technical development of Arco's own brand range of clothing... which the business offers to its customers. You'll become an important member of product team, producing new creative designs for bespoke customer clothing and new product development.
Please note this role is a part time opportunity, working 27 hours per week and is a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 months.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Producing designs and creating specifications for new product development and customer bespoke clothing
• Collating samples and attending briefings to support marketing publications
• Approving all aspects of samples and components throughout the production process
• Liaising with own label vendors to obtain accurate, up to date data and coordinating marketing and own label vendors to ensure accurate product data and images are supplied by Arco
• Ensuring all new products requiring certification have the correct certification, user info sheets, EN labels and declarations
The ideal Clothing Technologist & Designer will be/have:
• Ability to create detailed technical specifications and develop fit in line with customer requirement
• Ability to accurately measure and analyse garments
• Technical Knowledge on fibre and fabric properties and manufacturing methods
• Ability to confidently use Kaledo design package
• Experience of working effectively with overseas factories and agents
• Either a BTEC, HND or degree in clothing design (desirable)
On top of working for the UK’s leading health and safety expert, you’ll also receive:
• Up to £30,000 salary pro rata plus a discretionary company bonus
• 32 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, plus the option to purchase more
• 2 paid Community Volunteering days every year
• An excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• A huge range of high street retailer discounts to help with cost of living via MyArco Perks
• Access to our brilliant Learning Management System, to support your personal development
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please reach out to our recruitment team at
Clothing Technologist & Designer Hull jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.