Food Enterprise Solutions
Food Enterprise Solutions Ethiopia Ethiopia
3 weeks ago
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND CAPACITY
• Minimum four years of related work experience.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, desktop publishing software, etc.
• Ability to write, edit, and manage all facets of presentation material.
• Skilled in knowledge management including collection, organization, and storage of program files and information.
• Ability to manage highly complex, and sometimes ambiguous, projects and workstreams efficiently and strategically.
• Collaborative and diplomatic professional, able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with staff and external partners.
• Fluency in verbal and written English and other Ethiopian local languages a plus.
• BA degree in office management, secretarial science, or related field. Experience using the Zoom and Teams platform as host/presenter is required. Experience presenting in person and online is preferable.
• Commitment to the BD4FS mission and able to articulate the case for... business as a key driver for food safety development.
• Prior experience working on donor-sponsored projects, with a preference for experience with USAID.
• Willingness to travel domestically to support program events (meetings, workshops, and trainings) outside Addis Ababa
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE AND LEVEL OF EFFORT (LOE)
The period of performance will be 6 months from the day of employment and may be extended based on performance. The level of effort will be full time, requiring 40 hours per week.
IDEAL VALUES, CHARACTERISTICS, ATTRIBUTES, COMPETENCIES
• Are a doer, willing to roll up your sleeves and work diligently while managing time effectively.
• Have high standards when it comes to work.
• A team player who works well with all team members. Proactive and willing to participate in the team to accomplish tasks and priorities.
• Are a professional and have a respectful attitude towards all people regardless of race, culture, language, or education level.
• Display good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak, write and present with clarity.
• Exhibit and present self with good attitude and enthusiasm, being open and upbeat.
• Have demonstrated ability to think strategically, juggle multiple priorities.
• Possess demonstrated success in teamwork in a virtual and face-to-face environment.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
FES/Ethiopia seeks the services of an experienced Senior Accountant for a full-time 6-month contract, with possibility of extension based on performance. This position will report to FES Senior Finance Officer, and work under the day-to-day supervision of FES/Ethiopia Program Director. The location for this position will be the FES/Ethiopia office located in Addis Ababa. Food Enterprise Solutions (FES) is on a mission to energize the global food system to better balance global needs and profit. We leverage the powers of business, entrepreneurship, and innovation as key drivers in the global fight against hunger and malnutrition. We work in partnership with businesses and organizations to provide safe, nutritious, and affordable foods through supply chains that are commercially viable and environmentally sustainable. FES offers expertise in partnership development, market analysis, project design and management, training, and specialized technical assistance to strengthen capacities of - and linkages among - key actors within food systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Administrative & Communications Assistant (ACA) will be to deliver a smooth running of the operational processes of the Ethiopia BD4FS project implemented by Food Enterprise Solutions. The ACA will be required to conduct a range of tasks to establish and maintain efficient, transparent and responsive administrative systems that comply with FES procedures. Working collaboratively with Ethiopia's in-country program management, the Program Director and the Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO), the ACA will also assist with the preparation of administrative and programmatic documents in a timely manner, as well as assist with communications activities
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage phone calls;
• Make appointments and keep the agenda;
• Manage physical mail and messaging;
• Assist the BD4FS Program Director to write and send letters;
• Prepare and organize meetings: prepare meeting support files; take notes, write reports and minutes;
• Classify and archive files on the BD4FS online Microsoft Teams file system; Participate in working groups;
• Provide secretarial support to the team, type and edit documents;
• Follow up on specific files in conjunction with the Program Director.
• Assist in organizing and coordinating logistics during training sessions and other meetings organized as part of the program; take photos, help write social media announcements, post on BD4FS social media networks
• Stock management of office supplies and support inventory;
• Management and follow-up of vendor requests (service providers, phone, electricity, etc. );
• Supervise office cleaner to ensure office is clean and safe all the time;
• Perform clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing and mailing;
• Handle visa processing related support for international staff; and
• Carry out any other administrative task as entrusted
Administrative and Communications Assistant Ethiopia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.