State of Florida
State of Florida Naples FL United States
2 months ago
Requisition No: 786021
Agency: Department of Corrections...
Working Title: FDC - CORRECTIONAL PROBATION OFFICER - REGION 4 - SOUTH FLORIDA
Position Number: Pool
Salary: $41,600.00 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 06/01/2023
Florida Department of Corrections
Community Corrections – Region IV
Correctional Probation Officer
Open Competitive Advertisement
Join the Florida Department of Corrections in a rewarding career as a Correctional Probation Officer in Region IV. This continuous job announcement will be used to fill vacancies as needed for all Circuit Offices in the Region.
Correctional Probation Officers (CPOs) are essential to public safety and the rehabilitation of offenders in the communities they serve. CPOs are trained professionals responsible for investigating, supervising, counseling, assessing, and/or classifying offenders.
Annual Salary (before pay additives): $41,600.00
Probation Officers receive an additional salary additive of $2,739.88 annually for Competitive Area Differential (CAD) while assigned to Palm Beach, Dade and/or Broward county; approximately $1,700.00 annually while assigned to Indian River, Martin, Okeechobie and/or St. Lucie county; and approximately $7,739.88 while assigned to Monroe County.
Counties served by Region IV – Broward, Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, Indian River, Lee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie.
• Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Be at least 19 years of age.
• Be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of the State to the contrary.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, nor have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
• Pass a medical examination and drug test.
• Have a good moral character as determined by a background investigation.
• Flexible Schedules
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Comprehensive health insurance and life insurance
• Supplemental insurance for dental, vision, life, disability, and hospitalization
• Tuition-free college courses (tuition reimbursement)
• 457 Tax deferred retirement plan (Deferred Compensation)
• Criminal Justice Incentive Pay for Career Development courses
• Educational salary incentives
To be considered for this position, you must do the following:
• Complete the State of Florida People First profile/application through this site (People First).
• Complete the behavioral assessment that you will automatically be directed to upon the completion/submission of your People First application.
• Complete the Supplemental Application (within one business day of applying you will receive a link to the supplemental application via email. Please ensure you check your spam folder).
Please visit http://www.dc.state.fl.us/cc/region4.html for additional information about Community Corrections including a map, an overview of responsibility and leadership, and contact information.
Visit FLDOC JOBS - CPO CAREERS for information regarding FDC Probation Careers. You may also contact the Florida Department of Corrections Statewide Recruitment Center at (850) 717-3000 or the Human Resource Consultant in the Region Office at (850) 372-6339 for assistance with the application process. If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement
Naples FL USA
Jobs in Naples FL United States
FDC - CORRECTIONAL PROBATION OFFICER - REGION 4 - SOUTH FLORIDA Naples jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.