Amec Foster Wheeler plc
Amec Foster Wheeler plc Doha Qatar
3 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a short term basis (9 months). This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
• Onshore Oil and Gas
• Offshore Oil and Gas
• Analysis and Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g. European, American, British, Shell, Aramco, etc.)
• Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
• Analysis and... Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, SACS, Matt 3D, etc
• Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
• Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
• Performs preliminary sizing for structural members to provide preliminary input to Structural 3D and 2D modelling
• Prepares structural computer models using SACS for primary steel geometry and loadings, and undertakes structural analyses for all anticipated operating, installation, transportation, loadout and fabrication conditions
• Ensures structural compliance with structural specifications as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
• Prepares structural engineering input for secondary and tertiary steel design, prepares structural design sketches for input to 3D modelling/ 2D drawing production and prepares computed aided or hand calculations for justification of structural configuration for compliance with specifications and relevant design codes
• Prepares or checks structural design reports to fully document structural primary and secondary steel design to demonstrate compliance with design codes and specifications
• Undertakes structural weight estimation for input into the project weight report
• Reviews relevant client provided and vendor data for structural implications and requirements
• Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, MicroStation, Smartplant 3D, E3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, Tekla etc
• Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
• Provide technical support to other members of the team
• Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
• To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for Site visits and site surveys, Site queries and discussions, Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions and Site based activities
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Enrolled on the Register of Engineers in the State of Qatar, Grade A Category as a mandatory requirement
• If not enrolled on the Register of Engineers in the State of Qatar, then candidates must be a Chartered Engineer
• Proven core Structural Engineering skills, including design experience and preferably in the Oil & Gas sector
• Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
• A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
• Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
• Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
• Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Applicants are required to:
• Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from January 2023
• Have demonstrable experience of recruitment within their discipline, including interviewing, candidate selection and team building within small discipline teams.
• Have demonstrable experience of working independently / remotely from technical leadership personnel (although functional leadership will be within the Doha office.
• Have demonstrable experience of working within a small project office, supporting cross discipline activities beyond their core discipline
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.