Go Ape Maidstone United Kingdom
3 months ago
CUSTOMER ACTIVITY ASSISTANT (OUTDOOR INSTRUCTOR)
Hours: Part Time/Weekend and Holiday Availability Essential
Contract: Fixed Term
Pay: £7.85 to £10.90 per hour
WHO ARE WE?
Go Ape is the UKs number 1 adventure company with 33 locations nationwide and more than 8 different activities. We’ve been providing adventures since 2002 and have welcomed over 10 million customers, but we’re not done yet and have big ambitions for the future.
Go Ape is now Employee Owned that means every Go Ape employee whether full time, part time or a seasonal worker are now co-owners of the business. As a co-owner you will be empowered to voice your opinions and ideas through an elected Employee Council and have a real say in helping to shape the business. There is also the potential to award tax-free bonuses to all co-owners. We know our teams are the people most passionate about the company and its values and they should also reap the rewards for their hard work and... dedication.
In other exciting news - we’re working towards carbon neutrality this year – currently reviewing all of our energy consumption with the aim of reducing and off-setting our carbon footprint, really rather proud of the £120k we’ve raised for our charity partner the Prince’s Trust in the last year, and we’re on the journey to becoming a B Corp certified company - meaning we can truly demonstrate that we put people and planet before profit!
Joining Go Ape you’ll feel a great sense of camaraderie and connectedness within the teams, and we’re committed to training you to our high standards with Go Ape’s in-house training programme - a mixture of online and practical development.
We promise that your time with Go Ape will be rewarding and memorable and that (if you don’t return next season - many of you will!), you’ll leave with a whole bunch of enhanced skills to take to your next role. You’ll be more confident, qualified, assertive, able to make decisions and communicate with people of all backgrounds - not to mention the first-class customer service skills!
We’re an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (FULL (AND FUN!) TRAINING PROVIDED)
• Welcome customers and provide customer WOW whilst you prepare them to take part in their activity
• Deliver the adventure, ensuring an amazing customer experience
• Host schools and education groups, helping children to take new adventures and overcome their fears.
• Do everything within reason to minimise customer complaints and maximise satisfaction
Health & Safety
• Fit, remove and inspect harnesses and protective equipment
• Demonstrate and ensure the safe system of activities at all times
• Instruct and brief customers on safety procedures and the safe way of experiencing activities - evaluate participant competence to continue beyond the briefing stage
• Monitor and patrol the course; ensure all participants are safely conducting themselves and assist participants where necessary, carry out emergency drills in accordance with company directives and training, and ensure all landing sites are maintained to the correct standard
• Help with local marketing as required by the Site Manager/ Deputy Manager
• Carry out course checks and record/report findings
• Caring for equipment and facilities
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• A ‘customer comes first’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer WOW!
• Safety conscious frame of mind, with a professional outlook
• Able to work under own initiative without supervision – there’s always someone around to help if you do need support
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
• Enthusiastic team player who is able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic working environment
• A cheerful disposition, even when under pressure
• Must like working outdoors and have a good head for heights
• Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and ability to diligently follow procedures
• To be able to get to site - which may mean having your own transport as some of our sites are remote without public transport links
• Able to perform all physical duties (with reasonable adjustments where required)
• Contract Fixed term – returners are welcomed and encouraged (we have Tribe members in their 10th season!). There may be the opportunity for a permanent contract later down the line if you become part of your core team. The core season runs February to October but we’re open all year round so there will be the opportunity to work throughout the year.
• Holiday Entitlement 28 days’ holiday (pro rata).
• Training Package We offer an extremely comprehensive online and practical training package to ensure you succeed in your role – you’ll gain lots of useful transferable skills including Health & Safety, operations, customer service and communication skills.
• Expeditions & Naturally Powered Days – we arrange multiple subsidised adventure trips each year such as caving, hiking, cycling, kayaking and climbing. Join the fun closer to home in the UK or on one of our further flung Moroccan trips mountain climbing!
• Profit Distribution You’ll be eligible to receive a tax-free profit distributions.
• Co – Owner Council You’ll have a voice through our Co-Owner council, our council is formed of 20 representatives from across the business. They work on projects such as pay, benefits, environment & social initiatives and charity
• Flexible Working Hours A wide range of contracted hours available, both full and part time. Weekend and bank holiday are standard working days.
• Give As You Earn Do the right thing – donate to charity direct from salary whilst saving on tax and national insurance
• Employee help line Free confidential advice - Family, Health, Life, Money, Work
• Free Go Ape! Immediate family, plus one go free - everyone else 20% off
• Pension Scheme Employers contributions matched to 3%
• Discounts Retail & Leisure discounts, inc. The North Face uniform
• Charity Partner – we’re in a 2-year charity partnership with the Prince’s Trust, they have lots of fund-raising events and volunteering opportunities available for you to get involved in.
• Volunteering Days – you’ll have the opportunity to apply for paid time off to volunteer on local social and environmental community projects.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
At Go Ape we have a full on-line training platform to help you build the knowledge and skills you require to excel in the role. We’ll also offer you practical face to face training at the start and throughout f your Go Ape journey which will be assessed as you go.
Here are some of the skills you’ll learn whilst working with us -
• Customer Service
• Being able to take instruction, give instruction and follow procedures
• Risk assessments and accident reporting
• Communication both written and verbal
• Local Marketing and Partnerships
• Confidence, independence and more!
• Keeping the adventure in adventure
• Encouraging ‘I can’t’ to become ‘I can’
• Always seeking to be two steps better
• Zero risk equals zero development
• To challenge, surprise and excite
• Build in customer delight
• Be socially and environmentally responsible
• Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
• Do the right thing
• To be the best Adventure Leisure company on the planet (where you can be home in time for tea)
“Creating adventures; encouraging everyone to live life adventurously”
If you feel as strongly as we do about encouraging everyone to live life more adventurously then this could be the perfect environment for you to work in!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £7.85-£10.90 per hour
• Company events
• Company pension
• Employee discount
• On-site parking
• Store discount
• Wellness programme
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Jobs in Maidstone United Kingdom
Customer Activity Assistant (Outdoor Instructor) Maidstone jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.