QATAR UNIVERSITY Qatar Qatar
3 months ago
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, comprising nine colleges and offering the largest selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in the country. Qatar University seeks the highest international accreditations of its academic programs, while ensuring they are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 20,000 students, and an alumni body of over 40,000.
Qatar University launched the QU Health Cluster in January 2017 to provide closer alignment and integration between the health entities at QU. Together, the College of Medicine, the College of Health Sciences, and the College of Pharmacy create a dynamic environment that embraces experts in the education of health care professionals. Areas of collaboration at QU Health include research, graduate studies... clinical affairs, continuous professional development, inter-professional education, engagement and communication, as well as business operations.
College of Health Sciences
In 2016, the College of Health Science (CHS) became the ninth college at Qatar University, building on a 30-year success story as a department. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar, offering undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, public health, and physiotherapy as well as graduate programs in biomedical science, genetic counseling and public health.
CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural research funding. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, including a variety of student research funding programs.
The Department of Public Health at the College of Health Sciences is seeking a faculty member (open rank) in Health Promotion for its graduate and undergraduate academic programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach courses in health promotion at the graduate Master of Public Health (MPH) and undergraduate levels
• Contribute to the development of new academic programs, concentrations and courses in health promotion
• Maintain an active health promotion research agenda and secure funding through competitive local, national or international grants
• Mentor the academic development of graduate and undergraduate students through the supervision of theses and capstone projects, respectively
• Contribute to committees that serve the mission of the College and support the operations of the department
• Contribute to the health promotion profession and community through application of health promotion knowledge and skills
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
Required Qualifications and Competencies
• A Ph.D. degree in health promotion
• Qualifications that demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and skills across the field of health promotion rather than being focused on one specialised topic
• Knowlege of the breadth of current health promotion practice and international health promotion competencies
• A record of health promotion research experience, grants and publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals
• Skills and experience in supervising undergraduate and graduate students’ research projects
• Skills and experience in teaching health promotion courses in an academic setting at undergraduate and graduate levels, preferably in various modes including on-campus, online, and mixed methodes
• Creative and innovative approach to curriculum development, teaching and assessment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• An education qualification, such as post graduate diploma in higher education or equivalent, is highly desired
• Arabic language is preferable, but not mandatory
Assistant/Associate/ Professor in Health Promotion Qatar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.