Legrand NA Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer, Design APAC to join the Data, Power and Control Team in Tuas, Singapore.
The Applications Engineer provides high-level engineering expertise, technical design and commercial support on the application of Starline high amperage busduct products to specific projects and customers. The Engineer has the task of overseeing the activities aimed at defining and consequently drafting the offers for the products.
The role is also responsible for identifying and providing reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the project. The role establishes and maintains strong relationships throughout the project cycle.
What Will You Do?
· Maintain High-level expertise of product knowledge and application.
· Complete System Layouts; design layouts of busduct systems based on site surveys, customer drawings, project tenders and field input.
· Utilize... AutoDesk Suite to assess understand customer requirements
· Experienced in 3D design such as AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor & BIM360
· Create product technical system layouts from engineered drawings (catalog sheets, FAQ’s, Tech Briefs, Reports, instructions, etc.)
· Provide technical and commercial support to sales and to customers onsite or remotely as required on topics including but not limited to product estimation, RFQ support, ratings, compliance with local regulations and Standards, safety, functionality, customization, troubleshooting and pricing.
· Attend customer facing meetings which may include providing customer presentations for product solutions and project updates.
· Drafting offers related to bus duct products, verifies the technical aspects of the application (based on the technical needs expressed by the customer, drawings of the installation layout.)
· Verifying the technical characteristics (operating temperature, power, installation, material, quantity, etc.)
· Supports the management of the customer’s project through the entire project cycle
· Work with internal departments such as Purchasing, Rand D, test, product engineering, 3rd party assembly providers, for assembly designs, resolve customer technical design issues.
· Onsite troubleshooting and rework.
· Technical liaison to the sales team
· Training on busduct products and design tools to Sales network
· Provides Service Group through helping to project manage installations.
· Aptitude for electrical product design and application in power distribution and busduct products.
· Experienced user of AutoDESK programs – AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor or similar
· Experience using BIM360
· Familiarity with the IEC standards and various IEC certifications
· Persuasive and articulate, with an ability to communicate and influence people at all levels, verbally, in writing and by presentation.
· Stable, loyal and reliable, with a customer focused personality.
· Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful.
· BS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in the Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering field.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Familiar with project management tools such as Prince2
· Proficient in technical writing and communication.
· Prior experience with Busduct products is preferred
· Ability to travel up to 20% on a regular basis and 40% occasionally, mainly in EMEA, other locations as required.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
· The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing and construction areas where, under certain areas, the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection are required.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
· Ability to lift and carry up to 23kg occasionally
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand’s Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications Engineer, Design APAC Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.