ETIHAD AIRWAYS New Delhi Delhi India
3 months ago
To provide tax support in a range of taxation areas including advisory, compliance, reporting and audit defence matters.
• Assist tax managers in the performance of tax functions that are entrusted to the Taxation Team
• Ensuring adherence with VAT/GST and other tax compliances including computation of tax, payment of tax, filing of returns and related compliances;
• Analyzing transactional data and validating the correctness of the same to ensure compliance with VAT/ GST requirements;
• Working closely with multiple teams, such as Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Treasury, Revenue Accounting, etc. to ensure complete and accurate tax reporting in tax computations and returns filing;
• Working closely with “outstation” finance teams on VAT/GST and other tax issues (“outstations” is the term used for overseas branches of airlines);
• Assist in the preparation of other tax related filings, such as Country-by-Country Reporting;
• Preparing... adequate documentation in response to tax audits and to support positions taken by the company during audit defences;
• Maintaining internal records and helping draft internal reports;
• Perform internal processes, such as procurement formalities, etc;
• Identifying weaknesses and process improvement opportunities during compliance processes;
• Submitting Tax Residence Certificate requests with the UAE Federal Tax Authority;
• Support in relation to special projects, such as the implementation of Corporate Income Tax in the UAE, internal audits of the tax function, etc;
• Whilst some of the work will relate to India, the Tax Officer will also provide support in relation to UAE taxation and in respect of Etihad’s global tax affairs.
Education & Experience
• Semi-qualified Chartered Accountant with 4-5 years of experience in tax compliances;
• Good practical knowledge of Indian taxes (mainly GST and corporate income tax) and some international tax experience;
• Prior experience in an advisory firm and/or “In-house” tax experience will be important
• Confidence and experience in operating in an international business environment (for example, having worked for a multi-national company or international advisory firm);
• Experience working in a dynamic cross-functional team;
• Prior experience and knowledge in SAP ERP systems is an advantage;
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities—including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy
New Delhi Delhi India
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.