NSW Health St Leonards NSW Australia
3 weeks ago
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Level 3 Social Worker to join the Social Work Department at Royal North Shore Hospital.
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time until 30 January 2024
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $53.00 - $54.78 per hour
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ367665
Where you'll be working
This position sits in the Cancer and Renal Serivces Social Work Team.
What You'll Be Doing
Provide high level Social Work service to consumer’s carers and families to ensure the provision of optimal health outcomes consistent with the districts and professional policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation and Code of Conduct.
People of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background encouraged to apply.
Candidates Will Need To Meet The Following Criteria
• Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours... with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
• A Bachelor or post graduate degree in Social Work and eligibility for the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Evidence of extensive clinical experience, inclusive of experience as a Level 2 Social Work or equivalent.
• Provide evidence of proficient written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to liaise with novice and experienced health professionals and external service providers. Demonstrated computer literacy and ability to use health information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement activities or service evaluation process. Experience in clinical teaching and supervision of students, level 1/2 Allied Health Professionals and/or Allied Health Assistants.
• Demonstrated proficient skills and knowledge in the provision of current social work practice. A strong commitment to an evidence-based service to provide for consumers, carers and families requiring assessment, case management, intervention, appropriate referral and discharge planning.
• Demonstrated proficiency in ability to work autonomously with limited supervision. Have the ability to prioritise work, manage a demanding workload, apply high level reasoning skills and have independent professional judgement.
Need more information?
• Click here for the Position Description
• Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kate Lindberg on [email protected] or 02 9462 9477
All NSW Health workers are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as defined by NSW Health. Employees working in a clinical area or are required to attend clinical areas are considered category A. Category A positions are required to provide evidence of having received three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (TGA) and meet the requirements of the Occupational Assessment Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy Directive.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate.
Applications Close: 12 March 2023
St Leonards NSW Australia
Jobs in St Leonards NSW Australia
Senior Social Worker St Leonards NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.