Primary Care Careers
Primary Care Careers South Benfleet Benfleet United Kingdom
3 months ago
About the Role
Benfleet PCN are looking to welcome an experienced Emergency Care Practitioner / Paramedic into our expanding PCN. The role is available on a full or part time basis.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• To urgently respond to referrals and provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment at first point of contact by attending to patients, according to patients’ needs within one of our 8 Care/Residential homes in Benfleet
• To support and continue the development of an on the day emergency patient service in the PCN
• To accurately triage and prioritise patients, including in emergency situations and telephone triage, demonstrating the use of a variety of techniques to elicit the history of an event/illness, including past medical and drug history
• To evaluate clinical information from examination and history taking, and initiate appropriate treatment and/or referral
• Review the effectiveness of the treatment provided, making changes where necessary to... improve patient outcomes
• Maintain accurate clinical records in an efficient manner
The role will offer you the opportunity to build on your experience of working effectively within a multi-disciplinary/healthcare team, as you will work alongside fellow professionals within the practice in support of one another.
This is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2024.
About the Candidate
If you are an experienced Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) / Paramedic wanting a new change in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Be a registered nurse or Paramedic with HCPC, with a minimum of 2 years post registration experience, ideally with at least 1 year being in Primary Care;
• Have completed ENP/ ECP Minor Injuries and Minor Illness course Level 6 and be a ALS/APLS provider;To be able to effectively assess, plan, treat and refer patients appropriately and evaluate patient care confidently;
• Have experience of working to protocols / guidelines and patient groups / patient specific directives;
• To exhibit excellent communication skills when dealing with clients. Non verbal and verbal skills required;
• Have the ability to make clear decisions with confidence and communicate these effectively;
• To work within the parameters within skills and knowledge, to recognise the limitations of practice and to work within the boundaries of training and capability, according to the NMC Code of Conduct / Health and Care Professions Council;
• Experience of autonomous practice working and multi-professional team working;
• Can demonstrate a broad and sound knowledge of complex and common conditions in primary care in both adults and children.
We are a Primary Care Network, serving a patient population of approximately 48,000 Supporting your work life balance and professional development is important to us, so we will be happy to discuss any requirements for flexible working and offer the following benefits:
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Supportive and friendly environment
• Flexible working hours
• Peer support
• CPD Support with training and development
• 30 Days Holiday (pro rata) + Bank Holidays
• NHS Pension Study leave
• Free on-site parking
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Please note this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions
South Benfleet Benfleet UK
Jobs in South Benfleet Benfleet United Kingdom
Emergency Care Practitioner / Paramedic (Full / Part Time) South Benfleet jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.