Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Wrentham MA United States
3 months ago
Music Therapist I - ( 230002Y5 )
Description - External
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) would like to announce the availability of Music Therapist I position. The Music Therapist I coordinates the scheduling and delivery of music therapy programs to designated individuals at the Wrentham Developmental Center.
Duties and Responsibilities: (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
• Ensure individuals who are recommended for music therapy services are screened for positive responses to music interventions.
• Apply and adapts music therapy interventions to meet individuals’ needs.
• Attend team and ISP meetings for caseload and completes all required ISP documents and evaluations within required timelines. Implements and records ISP objectives based on clinically assessed needs and other ISP recommendations
• Provide music therapy input to clinical teams regarding individuals’ status and services.
• Serve as a consultant to facility managers and teams in planning events involving music, such as memorials, concerts, and other special events.
• Consult with family members/guardians as requested to discuss music therapy interventions used with their related individuals and answer any questions regarding music equipment purchases for home/individual use.
• Advise and trains non-musical staff in music related activities and their benefits.
• Maintain and cleans music therapy equipment and materials and makes recommendations for music therapy purchases to supervisor.
• Identify and shares information with teams/ individuals in the use of community music resources that meet the needs and interests of individuals.
• Complete all required state, department, and facility trainings within given timelines. Maintain an accurate work schedule and updates as items change.
• Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of music therapy including vocal and instrumental music.
• Ability to advise and train non-musical staff in music related activities and their benefits
• Working knowledge of DPH Active Treatment (title XIX) regulations as they relate to direct services and documentation.
• Working knowledge of interdisciplinary team process and the development of Individual Support Process.
• The ability to adapt and work effectively as situations change.
• Ability to read, understand and apply behavioral interventions in music therapy programs and related activities.
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• Possess a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator’s license or equivalent license from the state in which you reside.
Work location: Wrentham, MA
Full-time – 40 hour weekly position
Schedule – Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Days off – Sunday and Saturday
About The Department Of Developmental Services
The Department of Developmental Services is dedicated to creating, in partnership with others, innovative and genuine opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities to participate fully and meaningfully in, and contribute to, their communities as valued members.
For more information about our agency and programs visit: www.mass.gov/dds
Recommended candidates must successfully complete pre-employment screening which includes:
• Disabled Persons Protection Commission (DPPC) Abuse Registry Search: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/dppc-abuser-registry
• Criminal background check (CORI) by regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
• National Background Checks, Chapter 234 of the Acts of 2014, conduct fingerprint-based check.
As part of the hiring process, the Office of Human Resources will be verifying any college-level degrees conferred to the selected candidate. Additionally, any licensure required for the position will be verified. Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
Education, licensure, and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
If you require assistance with the application/interview process and would like to request an ADA accommodation, please click on the link and complete the Reasonable Accommodation Online Request Form
For help logging into/resetting your MassCareers profile, call the Employment Service Center at 617-979-8500 for assistance.
For questions concerning the information in this requisition please contact the Human Resources' Field Office at 508-866-8803.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE PAID ON A BI-WEEKLY BASIS AND MUST HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT.
This is a Civil Service position. If there is no Civil Service list for this title, employees appointed must take and pass the next Civil Service examination when administered.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in music therapy work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree or higher with a major in music therapy may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor's degree or higher with a major in music or music education may be substituted for a maximum of 1 year of the required experience.*
III. Certification as a music therapist by the American Association for Music Therapy may be substituted for the required experience.
IV. Registration as a music therapist by the National Association for Music Therapy may be substituted for the required experience.
• Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Special Requirements: None.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards!
Executive Order #595: As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Research suggests that qualified women, Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC) may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Official Title : Music Therapist I
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Wrentham-Emerald Street
Job : Medical Services
Agency : Department of Developmental Services
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day
Job Posting : Feb 24, 2023, 5:17:43 PM
Number of Openings : 1
Salary : 46,180.16 - 62,376.86 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator : Ferdousi Faruque, [email protected] - 8573012416
Bargaining Unit : 02-AFSCME - Service/Institutional
Confidential : No
Hybrid Work Eligible : No
Wrentham MA USA
Jobs in Wrentham MA United States
Music Therapist I Wrentham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.