City of Mississauga
City of Mississauga Mississauga Canada
3 months ago
Req ID: 23049
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Number of Positions: 14
Closing Date: 03/07/2023
The successful applicant will be responsible for working onsite at large-scale outdoor and indoor events that raise the proﬁle of Culture venues and deliver on the City's strategic goals to create great public spaces, and celebrate our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the execution of events onsite including but not limited to staﬃng, audio/visual & execution.
• Act as the main point of contact for all City staﬀ working during events, including leading the Front of House team
• Provide excellent customer service at all times to event organizers and all their team members and partners, as well as the public
• Act as a brand ambassador for Culture venues; respond to public inquires and complaints while onsite
• Oversee event logistics such as equipment set-up, load-in/out
• Assist in the training, mentoring & development of part-time team
• Liaise with event... organizers and vendors onsite to ensure the successful event execution
• Create comprehensive event reports to document all event details and issues
• Ensure that event permitting and licensing requirements are met and being followed for the duration of the event
• Ensure that all applicable policies and guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure that all changes requested by clients during an event are approved by the appropriate party at the City as required
• Ensure that event organizers approve all additional costs that may apply as a result of requested or required changes during an event
• Adhere to the Culture venue emergency escalation procedure and radio protocol
• Perform other duties as required
Skills And Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years experience in an event coordination or logistics is preferred
• Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task diverse challenges at one time
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Experience in leading teams of up to 25 staﬀ
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrated technical competence in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Emergency First Aid and CPR "B" certiﬁed
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
• May be assigned shifts up to 13 hours
• Must be available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hourly Rate/Salary: 20.36 - 25.72
Hours of Work: up to 40 hours per week
Work Location: Paramount Fine Foods Centre – Main Bowl, Celebration Square, Living Arts Centre, Small Arms Inspection Building, Meadowvale Theatre
Organization Unit: CMS/Culture Division
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Museums
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.
If you are selected for an interview you are expected to disclose all current positions held in the City, whether full time or part time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation
Onsite Events Coordinator Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.