VISO Cyber Security
VISO Cyber Security Dublin Ireland
3 months ago
Posting Based: Dublin (Glasnevin)
Date Posted: 20th February 2023
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Three Month Temporary
At VISO, we are working hard to help companies become cyber secure. We offer consulting advice, support, Risk Assessment and Management, ISO accreditation project management and CISO as a Service to companies who need to augment their leadership teams with information security expertise and ultimately who want a more secure business. As a dynamic start-up organisation, it is our passion and drive, together with technology and knowledge, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate to protect people, businesses, and transactions across the internet. Delivering for our customers and earning their loyalty drives us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done.
With us you can expect to grow your skills and knowledge and feel a sense of achievement and belonging. We embrace new opportunities and make a real difference to all our... clients.
We are looking for a new Information Security Intern
During your internship with us, we will provide you with the opportunity to work in a real-world setting in this exciting field of studying. You will gain hands-on experience and support for your studies with real customer support and solutions management. Students pursuing a degree in cyber security, information security can enhance their learning, support the development of new skills and put themselves at an advantage toward and exciting career.
The cybersecurity internship is designed to provide exposure to a variety of security tasks that one should expect of a junior or entry-level security analyst to perform. These include ISO27001 related tasks, Log analysis, Threat feed monitoring and updating, SIEM tool incident monitoring, tool dashboard / reporting creation and monitoring SOC monitoring, and general tasks of the security operations centre (SOC). You may also be required to support a security-focused project that will serve as a more detailed look into a specific security need during your time with us.
· Review and update documentation for policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
· Research and evaluate applications and services for use by the business. Provide a matrix when possible, detailing features within each different application or service.
· Assistance with the deployment and upkeep of the information security department’s website content.
· Provide first level compliance monitoring and investigations.
· Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering.
· Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required.
· Assist with applications/tools including but not limited to SIEM, IPS, Netflow, e-mail gateway protection, and DLP tools.
· Record and track IT security incidents, including but not limited to copyright violations, compromised accounts, e-mail threats, and abuse reports from various sources.
• Monitoring and reviewing information from multiple sources to detect or assess problems
• Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends
• Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning
• Collaborate with others to resolve information technology issues
• Document operational procedures
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish your work
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be available minimum 30 hours each week.
• Must be a full-time undergraduate/graduate student in good academic standing
• General computer literacy
• Maintain good (digital) citizenship.
• Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all institutional policies.
• Knowledge / Understanding of frameworks such as ISO27001 or NIST CSF
• Preference given to students with introductory knowledge of security concepts: AV, Firewall etc.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and web design.
• Preference given to students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree. Qualified degrees are as follows:
• B.S Information Technology
• B.S Computer Science
• B.S Information Systems
• B.S Computer Engineering
• B.S Cybersecurity.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Willingness to help a team member in need.
• Critical thinking with strong attention to detail and follow up
• Analytical deduction
• Being creative, problem solving and result orientated
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
• Ability to use various sources of information, processing information, communicating judgements, and making decisions based on this data
• Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
• Diligence - Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work
• Dependability - Being reliable, responsible, and dependable
• Integrity - Being honest and ethical
• Analytical Thinking – analysing information and using logic to address work related problems and problems
• Innovation – having creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for work related problems
• Being cooperative, flexible, adaptable, and persistent.
Get to know us
If you want to know more about us and what we do visit our website
Linked In www.linkedin.com/company/viso-cyber-security
Diversity and Inclusion
At VISO, we welcome everyone. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with a diverse team. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. VISO is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace where talent is recognised and rewarded
Information Security Intern Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.