Olympus - UK & Ireland
Olympus - UK & Ireland Bolton United Kingdom
3 months ago
Olympus is a global leader in the medical device and technology industry. For more than 100 years, we have focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. Our products and solutions help to diagnose, prevent, and treat illnesses, further scientific research and keep people safe.
Founded in 1919, the last 100 years at Olympus have been shaped through innovative products and pioneering developments and we are still growing and impacting the medical industry, at an exponential rate.
Olympus have an exciting opportunity to join the company in the position of Medical Engineer offering flexible hybrid working.
What is the opportunity?
To develop close liaison routes and relationships with the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) of medical devices where Olympus KeyMed offer repair/service support develop a detailed technical understanding of a wide range of medical devices to facilitate technical support to the MRS Repair Laboratory, MSBU Engineers, and Wider... Olympus business - in relation to queries concerning repair/servicing work, or improvement activity. To provide telephone assistance to customers and Olympus Business Units / Distributors and ensure quality related responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
What are the key responsibilities or projects you will be involved in?
• Manage the Lifecycle of ‘New Products’ requiring service & repair support from MPI / Olympus KeyMed Develop relationships with OEM organisations to secure training, tools, jigs, parts, documentation and ongoing support availability
• Provide first line technical/product support and training to all MPI / Olympus KeyMed staff involved with the repair and service to medical devices
• Resolve technical queries raised from other internal departments and customers either directly or through liaison with OEM.
• HNC Electronic Engineering is essential
• Previous experience working within a medical device service and repair environment is desirable
• Experience in a Service Support or Engineering role is desirable
• Experience in 8d, 6-Sigma quality processes is desirable
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. The role that you are applying for will require you to undertake a basic/standard/enhanced* Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check* before publishing select appropriate level of DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown.
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Olympus, we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team that cover all areas of the business. As a backup, we have a preferred supplier list (PSL) of vetted suppliers and as such, are unable to accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies or search firms outside of our PSL (which is now closed to new suppliers). Please note that Olympus will not be responsible for any fees, charges or terms associated with any such CVs. CVs will only be accepted from approved agencies where terms and conditions have been agreed and we have instructed them to work on specific positions
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.