Meadowridge School Maple Ridge Singapore
3 months ago
Reports To: Principal
Supervises: Students, and volunteers if assigned
Meadowridge is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational school offering an IB education for students ages 4 to 17 (JK to grade 12), in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are accredited by many agencies (provincial, national, and international) and we work rigorously to provide a world class education. More importantly, we seek to help children reach their potential in an environment of care where they are dignified and treated with kindness.
Our mission is “learning to live well, with others and for others, in a just community”.
Position Rationale and Goal
The Internal Teacher on Call (TOC), Kindergarten to Grade 12, provides coverage for teacher absences. The K to 12 TOC is a qualified and experienced teacher, and a flexible and open-minded individual, who will add value to the school community by performing the role of teacher across all grades as needed throughout the... year.
Ideal Candidate Profile and Qualifications
• Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
• Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Prior teaching experience at both elementary and secondary levels
• Preferably, teaching experience in at least one of the IB programmes
• Professional commitment to becoming an outstanding teacher
• BC Teacher Certification
• A university degree with a teaching emphasis or completion of a teacher preparation program
• Completes temporary teaching assignments, typically on a day-to-day or short-term basis, as required from Kindergarten to Grade 12. If the need arises, the Internal TOC make be asked to cover for longer leaves if other suitable candidates are not available.
• Implements lesson plans provided by teachers, ensuring the integrity of academic time, and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
• Organizes students, their materials, and the learning environment for effective instruction
• Takes attendance and documents daily notes
• Prepares a brief written daily report to the classroom teacher(s) being covered
• Maintains and respects the confidentiality of student, staff and school information
• Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
• Supervises students effectively to assure the health, welfare, and safety of all students
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
• Requests clarification of classroom rules and procedures, if necessary
• Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate person immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
• Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the classroom
• Demonstrates flexibility and open mindedness when working with students, staff and parents from across a variety of grades levels and subject areas
• Complies with and supports school policies and procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the building administrator(s) in accordance with school policies and procedures. Other duties and responsibilities may include:
• co-curricular commitments, especially those assigned to the absent teacher.
• field trips
• spirit days
• special projects and events (Field trips, WWOW trips, Spirit Days, Personal Project, Exhibition, Explorations, etc.)
• ELC After School Care (in emergency situations)
• Supervision of students during breaks and lunch time
• Attend Staff, Divisional and IB programme meetings
• Participate in committees/task forces and co-curriculars
• Provide release time for Department Heads and member of the Visual and Performing Arts Department)
• Be at school from 8:00-4:00 as is required for all faculty members
• Check-in with SLT office and TOC calendar at the beginning of the day. If you are not assigned, be available by email or phone for assignment during the day.
• Check in with your supervisor prior to checking out throughout the day.
• May be assigned to other classes for prep time in a teacher’s timetable. (Will not receive 25% prep time like other teachers since there a little marking or planning
Maple Ridge BC
Teacher on Call (TOC) Grades K-12 Maple Ridge jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.