Wood Brunei Brunei
3 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting Electrical Designer to join our growing team in Brunei.
• Support all Electrical Design activities and maintain technical integrity
• Deliver and support a strong HSE culture
• Work within budget and schedule limits, assist other disciplines to achieve their goals and support management where required
• Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
• Liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure drawing quality are met and report to senior Designer
• Ensure all work reflects the context of a Brownfield Rejuvenation Project
• Support the Senior Electrical Designer
• Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
• Ensure the documents produced are with utmost quality following company's internal procedures, BSP Rejuvenation contract procedure etc.,
• Keep up to date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation
3D Modelling and... drafting of layouts for onshore and offshore projects. Support Senior designers in the design, modeling and drafting activities for projects depending upon the complexity and size, carry out FEED and Detailed Design /or Proposal work estimates, procurement support activities, fabrication, construction and As Built requirements.
• Creates drawings involving plans, cable routing layouts, cable calculations and bills of material
• Records observations, performs calculations and prepares reports on assignments
• Performs layouts, design and checking work from the basic data supplied
• Establishes project drafting standards and monitors their conformance
• Identifies cost effective solutions to design problems
• Assists in cost/time resource (CTR) estimates
• Contribute to team and client meetings online and in person, if required.
• Offer a positive and pro-active attitude to the whole engineering team.
• Prepare Bill of quantities, Man-hours, Software requirements during proposals /projects.
• Able to carry out Site survey and obtain necessary information required for project
• Able to understand basis of design, design guidelines, specifications, Data Sheets and shall produce Equipment layouts (GIS, HV, LV & UPS, DG set Area etc.,), Field Layouts (Power, Lighting, Earthing and Lightning Layouts) typical installation standards, Interconnection Wiring Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams and other relevant documents.
• Perform design calculations like lighting Lux level distribution, cable tray loading, MCT layout using vendor software or standard spreadsheets and validate the calculations.
• Preparation of design and drafting deliverables like SLD, Load lists, Load schedule, cable and drum schedule schematics, Interconnection diagrams, Block Diagrams, cable and tray routing, LER/ switch gear room / Battery room / control room layouts, inputs to Cause and Effect diagrams, Cable and tray layouts JB schedules and other specific deliverables as outlined in the contract.
• Ensure compliance of design based on sound engineering practices, company standards.
Skills / Qualifications
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
• Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
• 7 years' experience of which 3 years must be related to the Offshore oil and gas industry drafting and design.
• Minimum of 3 years working in a multi-discipline team environment
• Competent practitioner in the application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings & MicroStation.
• 3D Modeling Tool Experience
• Offshore Oil & Gas working experience
• Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Electrical Designeer Brunei jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.