Yong-en Care Centre
Yong-en Care Centre Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Yong-en Care Centre is growing and we are seeking suitable candidates with the heart, resilience and know-how to provide professional and operational leadership in providing client care management and therapeutic treatment in collaboration with the dementia care team. This opportunity is suitable for candidates with the requisite professional knowledge and experience, that have the drive and desire to eventually assume managerial and leadership responsibilities.
• Reporting to the Director of Elderly Services, the Senior Occupational Therapist as a Dementia Practitioner, performs care assessment, planning and interventions for the Dementia Care Services clientele group in accordance with established policies, standards and evidence-based practices
• Develop and manage the dementia care programme, curate and review structured programme activities to facilitate clients' engagement in cognitive stimulation
• Develop, implement and review individual care plan for... clients in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and deliver appropriate interventions to facilitate client's occupational performance including managing behaviours of concerns with appropriate therapeutic interventions, based on care plan needs.
• Communicate care plans, progressions involving clients, families, caregivers and/or relevant others as active partners, to identify needs, preferences and expectations of the clients.
• Develop client and caregiver education materials and provide effective training and education to clients, families and/or caregivers according to self-management needs.
• Involvement in the programme management and operational excellence of Dementia Day Care in partnership with the Care Team and recommend quality improvement initiatives with evidence-based practice.
• Identify and report risks/hazards and take appropriate safety and health control precautionary measures as per established policies and procedures to ensure safety for clients and staff.
• Manage and escalate appropriately in the event of unexpected and/or abnormal changes and execute responsibilities as per emergency protocols in the event of public health threat or emergency.
• Comply with guidelines and policies to ensure client confidentiality and personal data protection.
• Manage and monitor medical supplies, equipment and consumables inventory.
• Supervises, educate and provides appropriate training to the dementia care team. Review care competency standards of support care staff and identify appropriate training needs.
• Participate in the training programme of a wide variety of community partners e.g. interns and volunteers.
• Handle public enquiries of Dementia Care Services and the care of dementia clients.
• Prepare statistics and reports and handle any other relevant/appropriate duties as assigned by the Director, Elderly Services
• Registered AHP with a Degree in Occupational Therapy with minimum 6 years of relevant experience
• Competent to independently provide AHP care according to protocols established
• High integrity, resilient, passionate about helping others
• Strong team player, resourceful and systematic
• Effective written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft 365 environment.
• Exercises confidentiality and discretion
• Effective supervisor who provides leadership and coaching to employees
• Client centric with effective interpersonal and ability to speak local languages and dialects preferred
• Appointment commensurate with experience and qualifications
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Senior Occupational Therapist Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.