Deutsche Bank Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Details of the Division and Team:
Auditor role within the Corporate Bank (CB) Audit team reporting into CB APAC Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who in turn reports into the APAC Chief Auditor (CA). Auditors work independently on audits and/or on tasks delegated to them within the scope for audits for a specific business/functional area/region and may sometimes work on multiple audits at the same time. They will evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to the risks within those business areas, working under moderate supervision, e.g. in complex situations.
Auditors will proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships within their own function and with stakeholders inside the bank and respective support areas. They will use a range of approaches to collect relevant information to assess key risks, resolve issues or carry out tasks.
Auditors work in a co-operative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across... the function and outside the function to provide ‘front-to-back’ audit coverage.
They may occasionally participate in ad-hoc projects.
What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace.
That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
• Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
• Comprehensive leave benefits
• Gender Neutral Parental Leave
• Flexible working arrangements
• 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your key responsibilities:
• Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits
• Plans audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required.
• Drafts audit findings for review by the Principal Audit Manager, facilitates issue tracking and validates them to closure.
• Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards.
• Engage with wider SME audit teams to deliver audits in collaborative manner.
• Reviews and provides expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans.
• Completes all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
• Acts as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings.
• Communicates openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalate problems/delays accordingly.
• Presents complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reduces complex topics to simple statements.
• Participates in exit meetings as required.
• Proactively keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
• Establishes and maintains a client service/relationship approach with clients in order to understand their business needs. Interprets stakeholder feedback on key business developments/risks and understands the clients’ marketplace in order to address their needs and expectations while delivering ‘one voice’ to the client in all communications and correspondence.
Your skills and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ audit experience within a corporate bank or professional services
• Proven experience auditing Trade Finance, Cash, Securities Services and the transaction/payments processing lifecycle F2B including operations.
• Proven experience in leading and performing audits with strong reporting writing skills, including the ability to record and describe complex issues clearly and succinctly, in a way that are easily understandable by any recipient of the relevant reports
• Good knowledge of auditing standards/concepts and understanding of the risk and regulatory requirements for banks operating in Asia Pacific
• Experience of risk-based auditing and clearly understand the relationship between IT risk and underlying business risk.
• Strong communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach.
• Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
• Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organization, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience.
• Professional/industry recognized qualifications e.g. CIA, CISA, CA, ACFE
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies
How we’ll support you:
• Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
• Coaching and support from experts in your team
• A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
• A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
• Training and development to help you excel in your career
R0253192 Group Audit – Auditor, Corporate Banking, AVP Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.