Thrasio United States United States
3 months ago
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs...
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Senior Data Scientist / Economist on the Demand Forecasting team, you will own a demand forecasting system at the center of inventory, promotions, pricing, and marketing decision-making across Thrasio’s extensive portfolio of omnichannel products. Partnering closely with experts in causal inference, pricing, optimization, and machine learning, you’ll help drive world-class automated decision-making through accurate and timely demand forecasts, a fundamental part of Thrasio’s long-term success and continued market leadership.
• Leveraging machine learning, statistical, and econometric time series techniques alongside hybrids of these to develop accurate, granular demand forecasts within a hierarchical product catalog context.
• Partnering closely with the pricing, promotions, supply chain, and marketing science teams to integrate the causal impact of their business levers into your forecasts, creating a single source of truth for forward planning for the business.
• Developing distributions around your forecast via either parameter estimation or non-parametric bootstrapping techniques to power automated robust optimization systems.
• Collaborating with cross-functional partners such as engineering, product management, and brand managers to build interfaces to your models, allowing for informed, tracked overrides of forecasts where business context is missing.
• Driving strategic initiatives across the broader org as a leader at Thrasio.
• Owning team development cycles, managing risk, and bringing stakeholders along for the ride
What You Bring To The Party
• Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative subject (i.e. computer science, economics, operations research, statistics, etc.) or a related field such as Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
• 5+ years (Masters) or 3+ years (Ph.D.) of practical experience working with demand forecasting systems (ideally in e-commerce).
• Expertise in some of statistical/econometric time series modeling (ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing/ETS, GLMs/GAMs, Dynamic Factor Models, etc.), machine learning (XGBoost/LightGBM, RNNs, Transformers, etc.), or hybrid time series techniques (ES-RNN, N-BEATS, TFT).
• Proficiency in Python or R, SQL, Git
Nice To Have, But Not Required
• Experience in supply chain optimization, pricing, causal inference (to ease collaboration with partner teams).
• Familiarity with Databricks, Snowflake, Spark (or other forms of distributed computing).
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $115,000 to $165,000. (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels, then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term and long-term incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Jobs in United States United States
Senior Data Scientist / Economist (Demand Forecasting) United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.