PPD Waltham MA United States
3 months ago
Principal Health Economist Modeler (SRS/Sr Dir) – EVIDERA (US...
Evidera is a business unit of Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions and part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
Location/Division Specific Information
This is a great time to join this rapidly growing global modeling team!
We are looking to fill this role in the US and this role is flexible to fully office/flex/fully remote work.
Our senior team members can focus on scientific, management or commercial career tracks and we offer customizable cross-training opportunities for those interested in broadening their experience across Evidera's teams.
Discover Impactful Work
Our multidisciplinary Modeling & Simulation experts design & implement health economic models to:
• Describe complex medical processes
• Understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials
• Demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy
• Assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions.
Typical projects include health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and implementing decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state transition, survival partition), research and data analytics.
A Day In The Life
• Managerial responsibilities within Evidera’s Modeling and Simulation team including hiring, professional development, performance and attrition (~20 staff)
• Responsible for personal and team financial targets including utilization and sales
• Works with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
• Brings in proposal leads, manages proposal writing process and closes sales
• Scientifically responsible person for design and implementation of selected studies or models; conceptualize advanced model design and advanced study protocols.
• Conceptualization, design and implementation of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions
• Lead interactions with clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Keys to Success: Education
• PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of relevant work experience. For example: Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or a similar program
• Broad experience in health economics and development of models suitable for submission to Health Technology Assessment groups or to support other reimbursement decisions – an expert in health economic/disease modeling
• Demonstrated ability to lead global project teams to deliver projects across many therapeutic areas in a fast-paced environment
• Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excels in handling staff growth and synergy, as well as client relations
• Excellent organization & leadership skills
• Consistent record in business development, as well as discussion of new opportunities with existing clients
• Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel VBA modelling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
The salary range estimated for this position is $159,000 - $235,000 USD. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
• A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan
• A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts and commuter benefits
• Employee assistance program
• At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and volunteer time off in accordance with company policy
Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
• This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Waltham MA USA
Jobs in Waltham MA United States
Principal Health Economist Modeler (SRS/Sr Dir) – EVIDERA (US) Waltham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.