Dyson Singapore Singapore
3 months ago
Design and Development
Singapore - Technology Centre
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
• Lead cathode development to achieve project goal and on-time milestone deliverables, in a collaboration with the different stakeholders.
• Conduct formulation design, proof of concept DoE, down selection, process scale up and materials/semi product analysis whilst studying of various cathode materials and their technical roadmaps and market strategy.
• Lead our suppliers to achieve the requirement by providing a quality feedback of the test result, based on understanding of their production condition.
• Build standard testing system using proper... prototype cell for material evaluation while reflecting cell design factors and material features.
• Define critical properties supposed to be considered for performance and process easiness and promote our battery manufacturing.
• Bring new and highly effective test methods/tools to qualify the material critical factors which represents working mechanism in cell.
• Stay up to date with scientific literature/patent and contribute to avoid IPR (Intellectual Property Right) disputes.
• Over 5 years' industrial experience in the area of material development of energy storage such as material evaluation and implantation, supplier audit and PPAP or having directly been hired by material manufacturer.
• A systemic knowledge of battery chemistry from preparation to application.
• Extensive experience in cathode and electrode formulation, including hands on preparation, data analysis and technical report for customer facing.
• Understanding of relationship between material production condition and its performance.
• Be familiar with analysis tools and method, from theoretical analysis to practical way.
• Failure mode analysis experience in scale up process is a strong plus.
• Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
• When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity
Lead Material Engineer, Cathode (Energy Storage) Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.