TD Mississauga Canada
3 months ago
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component... systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage and lead a team of ambitious technology professionals as they deliver a wide range of application or system solutions. You'll also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and leadership beyond your immediate team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
• Lead development teams and own responsibility for the delivery of development solutions and component/unit testing efforts.
• Oversee and report on project status, manage project team resources and assignments, ensure project milestones are met and up to standard.
• Work with technology partners to develop the content for development and solutions design deliverables, ensure project estimates cover all activities within scope, including project management and application development, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities.
• Ensure all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to all affected team members.
• Define the Application Development Vendor strategy and manage vendors and service level agreements.
• Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions.
• Ensure the project team follows all quality assurance processes.
• Drive stakeholder communications, develop effective stakeholder management required for team delivery.
• Act as an escalation point for all risks and issues affecting the development team, and for working to define and implement mitigation strategies.
• Control change to development project scope through accepted change management processes, impact assessment and documentation.
• Responsible for delivering in line with financial forecast / plan, and achieving benefits targets as defined for Application Development teams.
• Manage and track costs in line with investment governance to deliver agreed outcomes and service-level within budget.
• Oversee demand management and project intake process, ensuring the development team can deliver on intake requirements and financial cost estimations are reviewed and approved.
• Identify all development related project dependencies and risks and ensures mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks.
• Responsible for management of the overall development / design teams providing both leadership and technical guidance.
• Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results.
• Grow team expertise to meet demand and to support TD's technology direction; assess team capabilities, always look for ways to enhance value delivered!
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
• 7+ years relevant experience.
• Expertise in managing delivery of IT Development and IT infrastructure projects following the PMLC/SDLC standards-waterfall and agile.
• Expertise in mentoring and coaching a team of full time staff and contract staff members- contributing to the career path and supporting the staff in meeting their career objectives.
• Experience in managing multiple projects in the portfolio, managing the interrelationships and decision making.
• Experience in distributed application migration projects (data migration, user migration).
• Experience in managing infrastructure upgrade projects, Application/product upgrades in a distributed environment.
• Knowledge on AIX/Linux, Middleware, APIs, DB (Oracle or DB2), Network & Storage.
• Relationship Management experience in a highly matrixed environment with excellent communication skills including executive status reporting.
• Experienced in working with global product vendor (licenses/Sows).
• Strong Project Management skills with plan creation, risk assessment reporting, stakeholder mgmt..
• Strong knowledge on concepts of job scheduling, configuration management (MKS, Bitbucket or similar).
• Working knowledge in leading development efforts involving shell scripting, java programming, Python, database query languages (DB2 and Oracle preferred).
• High-level understanding of IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD) or any other document archival system – preferred.
• Experience with ITIL concepts (Incident, Change, Problem), experience in working with one of the ITSM tools/products.
• PMP/CSM certification preferred.
• Experience in managing budgets, resource forecasts, knowledge management and succession planning.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
• Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
• Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
• Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
• Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
• Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
• Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs
Manager - IT Development Mississauga jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.