Canadian International School Of Hong Kong
Canadian International School Of Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong
3 months ago
The Canadian International School of Hong Kong is looking for an Assistant Manager / Manager - Facilities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Facilities, the Assistant Manager / Manager – Facilities is responsible for supervising the in-house maintenance contractor in a safe and efficient operation and maintenance at CDNIS. These maintenance functions include electrical, mechanical, fire safety, hot water and cooling HVAC systems, recycling, rubbish removal and stage / sound function set ups with AV equipment and stage furniture.
The Assistant Manager / Manager – Facilities is also responsible for developing specifications for new or revised HVAC systems; assisting in the supervision of multi-disciplinary Facilities staff and external contractors involved in the operation, maintenance and security of the CDNIS; and working as a member of a team to ensure the timely resolution of general CDNIS Facilities requirements, in accordance with applicable regulations, ordinances, school... policies and procedures.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares specifications for in-house maintenance and sources contractors; obtains quotes, writes proposals and evaluates; recommends contract award.
• Manages directly the in-house HVAC systems mechanical contractor and other air conditioning contractors; responds to site queries re operational problems; analyses troubleshoots; prioritizes, assigns / re-allocates work; develops weekly schedules; makes minor changes to remote access computerized control systems / software modules to meet site needs (e.g. reviews AC requirements, sets up parameters for control of physical plant operations); monitors delivery and facilities the resolution of vendor service level problems.
• Conducts regular meetings and identifies critical issues (e.g. full servicing; new or modified installations; provides technical advice, guidance and resolves escalated problems.
• Monitors quality, quantity and adherence to established service level standards; identifies and resolves performance concerns; obtains contractor records; prepares maintenance / repair / cost histories; analyses statistics and cost / benefits; identifies and recommends potential areas of saving; complies reports and recommends modifications to contracts as required to reflect revised specifications; negotiates revisions.
• Develops preventative / predictive maintenance procedures and service level standards; updates manuals to reflect current or amended regulations ordinances, policies and procedures; ensures distribution to contractors and maintains master copies.
• Performs a variety of administrative functions (in support of the Senior Manager – Facilities) including taking technical minutes of meetings with contractors; scheduling and coordinating contractor (e.g. cleaners, security) and facilities staff in the organization for admission tests; grafting letters; updating databases; granting car parking privileges.
• Responds to off-hours and / or emergency requirements; coordinates resolution.
• Assists in supervising staff as required by delegating work; providing technical guidance and advice; performing periodic inspections to confirm adherence to quality and quantity standards.
• Maintains currency with new concepts; assists in liaising with architect / project engineers re design for new / modified / altered construction (including clarification on materials, use and installation); reviews and confirms adherence to design specifications, CDNIS requirements and compatibility with existing infrastructure; assesses operational impacts; conducts cost-benefit analyses and provides recommendations to enhance operational efficiency and reduce construction and / or maintenance costs; develops estimates for future maintenance and labor costs.
• Monitors construction and identifies significant on-site problems requiring resolution (e.g. difficulty meeting specifications and schedule); initiates appropriate inspections; performs interim and final inspections on behalf of the Senior Manager – Facilities.
• Performs other comparable duties as assigned which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• University Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the provision of commercial and / or institutional ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) service work including maintenance repair and installation of equipment, power burners and boilers and including the design and maintenance of HVAC systems.
• Thorough knowledge of current techniques, methods, procedures and equipment applicable to the HVAC trade.
• Working knowledge of computerized control software and equipment applicable to the HVAC trade.
• Working knowledge of the construction industry culture in Hong Kong.
• Knowledge of all Hong Kong construction and industrial safety related regulations / ordinances.
• Demonstrated supervisory ability with good organizational; interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skill in English and Chinese.
• Ability to analyses, interpret and use judgment in the resolution of problems.
• Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office equipment including personal computers and office software.
• Self-starter with ability to organize daily tasks, works independently and as a member of a team OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. Application Procedures
Please include a covering letter, a detailed résumé, expected salary, the names and contact information of three references and send to us by email.
Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early for any of the above position, CDNIS reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date (if applicable). For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be short-listed and will be contacted for interviews. Safety is Our First Priority
CDNIS believes that every child has the right to grow up in a safe, secure and supportive environment. As an institution CDNIS prioritises and promotes child protection above all else and adopts a strict zero tolerance policy towards the mistreatment or abuse of children.
CDNIS supports the International Task Force on Child Protection (ITFCP) Reports and Recommendations and we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruitment practices with specific attention to Child Protection. As part of our safer recruitment procedures, CDNIS conducts pre-employment reference checks before confirming any appointment. Furthermore, CDNIS requests all successful candidates to undergo criminal record checks at their local police and/or Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong. Personal data is collected and used for recruitment purposes only. All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security. Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS) offers a rigorous academic programme to over 1,800 students representing more than 40 nationalities from Early Years 1 (pre-kindergarten) to Grade 12 all on one campus. Along with the IB Diploma, CDNIS students earn the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), giving them a rare opportunity to graduate with two distinctly different diplomas and allowing them to gain acceptance to some of the world’s most prestigious universities. At the core of our success is our never-ending pursuit to inspire excellence, cultivate character, and empower engagement locally and globally. CDNIS offers excellent salary, benefits and working conditions and we are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our school. Located in the heart of the southside of Hong Kong Island and overlooking the South China Sea, we’re one of the top international schools in Asia, and every year more than 1,800 students representing more than 40 nationalities call CDNIS home. We are just one of seven IB continuum schools in Hong Kong to offer three IB programmes from Early Years to Grade 12. At the core of our success is our never-ending pursuit to inspire excellence, cultivate character, and empower engagement locally and globally. CDNIS offers excellent salary, benefits and working conditions and we are always looking for dedicated professionals to join our school.
## More Job Information
• Education / Training
Assistant Manager / Manager - Facilities Hong Kong jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.