Air Products Inc
Air Products Inc India India
3 months ago
Job Description and Qualifications
To support various Mechanical system engineering deliverables and provide technical guidance to the team.
Nature and Scope
This position is for Sr. Principal Piping Material Specialist, having detailed knowledge & experience in EPC companies as a Materials subject matter expert.
• Responsible for Check/review of all the Material Engineering deliverables.
• Technical expert to resolve Technical queries.
• Responsible for leading large-scale Projects of 10000 to 25000 MSE man-hours.
• Responsible for review of corresponding supplier documents & Qualification.
• Thorough knowledge of International codes & standards.
• Developing Templates, work Instructions, Procedures, work process maps etc.
• Experience in leading mid to large-scale Gasification, Petrochemical refinery plants.
• * Review/Approval of piping material specifications.
• Review/Approval of Design calculations such as pipe... wall thickness, Branch reinforcement Pad etc.
• Review/Approval of requisitions for valves and Special Piping Items
• Resolving technical queries within team.
• Reviewing Vendor documents such as GA drawings, Material test certificates, Inspection test reports etc.
• Review of PED Design Appraisal Packages and Technical Files
• Oxygen Piping materials selection review.
• Review/Approve pressure test procedure.
• Coordinates technical issues with other disciplines on projects including constructability requirements.
• Carry out technical reviews and audits of potential Indian Valve & Piping bulk suppliers.
• Perform oxygen material operational readiness inspections for local projects.
• Resolve queries in regards with SPRD, SP MAT & SPPID.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Mechanical Engineering Degree and work experience of around 16 to 19 years.
• Must be fully conversant with the Industry codes and standards such as ASME, ASTM, API, MSS SP etc.
• Must have experience in EPC/LSTK companies in Piping Material Engineering group.
• Knowledge of various material software’s such as SP MAT, SPRD, SPPID.
• Must have proven ability as a subject matter expert as shown by the successful completion of projects both in terms of engineering man-hours, item costs, and item integrity.
• Must have proven commercial awareness as demonstrated during the successful procurement of valves and piping equipment and the execution of contracts. Should have ability to negotiate with suppliers on design, cost, quality and delivery issues.
• Must be aware of work process flow starting from basic Engineering to commissioning support
Senior Engineer - Piping material specialist India jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.