Coca Cola Careers
Coca Cola Careers Atlanta GA Georgia
3 months ago
This role will serve as a key member of the Freestyle Engineering & Innovation team conducting new system and subsystem development while also making continuous design improvement, application improvement and manufacturing support for a product consisting of a distributed electronic system containing high-level software and low-level embedded firmware. Additionally, candidate will:
• Design and... develop electrical/electronic boards and assemblies compliant with domestic and international regulatory standards. These include Single board computers, CANopen boards and other daughter/side boards that perform motor controls
• Knowledgeable with the design, development and sustaining of Embedded Control based hardware/firmware and other facilitating electronic circuitry. Adept at Process development for custom analog and digital design boards. This includes building SSRS, Functional Specs, Schematics, overview Layouts, early DFX with manufacturing and detailed testing during EVT phase to produce quality PCBA.
• Unassisted design, development and sustaining of embedded control based hardware/firmware and other facilitating analog and digital electronic circuitry.
• Expert in debugging hardware and firmware issues to support and maintain the existing electronic circuitry
• Familiar with C or C++ for firmware development and support
• Knowledgeable of domestic and international regulatory bodies and standards (FCC, UL)
• Develop, steward and manage mid-level technical supplier relationships for specific equipment platforms and for specific customer requirements.
• Provide input to and implement strategies and technical development plans to ensure the product’s competitive advantage in quality, cost, technical performance.
• Ability to support multiple simultaneous, mid-range projects with varying time horizons.
Detailed Requirements / Preferences:
• Embedded control based digital and analog electronic hardware design, simulation, prototype and test, hardware/software debug and defect resolution, data analysis, project management, manufacturing, and customer experience required.
• Experience developing and deploying new subsystems, features, enhancements, and bug fixes into an existing installed base of legacy systems at live customer sites.
• Managing small to medium sized projects / schedules / budgets required.
• Embedded software skills such as C or C++ programming preferred with motor controls
• Experience with Altium
• Experience with domestic and international regulatory agency approvals for product safety, electromagnetic emissions and susceptibility and other environmental impairments preferred.
Key Skills, Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in high-speed circuit design, embedded controls
• Experience with firmware using embedded C, C++, C#
• Product development utilizing embedded control and application hardware to interface motors, pumps, valves, and sensors
• Experience providing design engineering support to sustain an installed base of product, including bug fixes, planned maintenance upgrades and End of Life considerations. International market experience is a plus.
• Experience with RFID or NFC – preferred qualification but not required*
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance for domestic and international electronic products (e.g. FCC, ETSI, UL, CE)
Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior leadership:
• the timelines and solutions to technical problems
• the suitability of design components, equipment materials and technical design modifications
• any new technical concepts and their associated costs and capital investments
• any risks or dependencies to the project or program
• clearly distinguish between fact and professional opinion in all communication
• work with development partners to build solutions and communicate effectively to build consensus on technical viewpoints
• Requires effective communication with cross-functional teams and management.
FUNCTION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
• Utilizes lab and field testing to evaluate equipment or products against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications (e.g. functionality and operational feasibility)
• Applies fundamental engineering tools and concepts (such as Design for Manufacturing and Testability, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Analysis) to equipment design, manufacturing processes, and customer applications to improve quality, costs, efficiencies, or fitness for use.
• Apply experience, concepts, and techniques to problem-solving and business planning.
• Embraces object-oriented design practices to support reuse of standard hardware components, circuits, and functional blocks.
• Applies methodologies that build in design flexibility and facilitate future extension of the design.
• Decides whether technical test results are acceptable and uses analytical / problem solving skills to determine why performance failures occur.
• Identifies system level impact of local design weaknesses. Identifies impact of component, circuitry, or code defects/failures on the larger system. Identify how these issues may appear in system error log reports (defect signature).
• Decides which new package, equipment or technology designs will meet performance and business needs. Problem solves production capabilities and capacities for new packages, equipment, or technology.
• Works with peer level personnel at equipment manufacturers, service organizations, marketing, innovation, finance, procurement, and industry groups
• This is an Atlanta-based position which requires 25% travel.
What We Can Do for You
• Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
• Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
• Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
• Compensation & Benefits: Competitive benefits package that start on day one of employment
Leadership; Packaging Materials; Supply Chain; Lean Manufacturing; Autodesk AutoCAD; Project Engineering; Research and Development (R&D); Lead Times; Food Processing; Food Production; Timeline Development; Material Handling; Project Management; Programmable Logic Controller (PLC); Six Sigma; Process Engineering; Microsoft Office; Communication; Automation Engineering; Control Systems
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws
Atlanta GA USA
Senior Electronics Engineer Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.